Junior Graphic Designer (Temp Position), PI Fine Art
PI Fine Art – Toronto, Ontario
Job Title: Temp – Jr Graphic Designer
Reports to: PICA Hospitality Manager
We’re proudly Canadian and celebrating over 44 years in business, specializing in art, wallcovering, mirrors, and alternative wall décor.
Come and work with the team that manages every step within the art development and supply chain process – from art consulting, publishing, to manufacturing. We work directly with artists, offering our hotel, commercial and retail clients excellent innovative design and customization.
- Meets with art department, sales and other internal team members along with client designers to review project brief(s), discuss strategies and themes for development
- Sources and creates appropriate art packages that match client briefs
- Reviews package feedback from all project stakeholders and make necessary edits and updates
- Ensures all submitted work complies with copyright standards Tracks and codes all images submitted as part of a project package Create and produce marketing and graphic design material including JPEGs, PDFs, video, logos, graphs, thumbnail images, etc.
- Create digital page layouts using InDesign Meets all quality, time and budget standards consistently Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience
- At least 2 years of direct work experience as a graphic designer in a professional work environment
- Graduate of relevant design program preferred
- High level in the use of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Painting and hand drawing skills are an asset
- Ability to create and develop fine art and creative art imagery
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accept design direction and transform ideas into high concept art packages that exceed client expectations and brief
- Ability to integrate constructive feedback from management and clients
- Effective deadline management within a tight schedule
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements
- Experience with colour management and manipulation as well as digital and off set printers is preferred
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and time management skills are an asset
- Experience and personal interest in home décor and fashion industries is an asset
- Solid design and conceptual skills with a forward thinking approach
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
How to Apply?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 18 to 20 weeks
Start Date: ASAP
Competitive market-based salary package with full benefits will be offered to successful candidate based on experience.
At PI Fine Art/PI Creative Art, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve.
If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees safe we have implemented a COVID-19 Policy, which includes remote work where possible, PPE and sanitization practices throughout our facility, in addition to a daily health questionnaire and temperature monitoring.