Call for Nominations: North York Arts Board of Directors
Call for Nominations to the North York Arts Board of Directors
ABOUT NORTH YORK ARTS:
North York Arts is a local arts service organization to serve and support the North York community and provide inclusive arts programming to children, youth, family and seniors including programs to serve the New Canadian and Neighbourhood Improvement Area community in North York. In addition, North York Arts provides arts services and programs to support local artists and collaborates with City Councillors, Toronto’s Culture Division and various community stakeholders to foster arts programming and engagement in North York. Since inception in 2011, North York Arts has built a strong audience of 200,000+ attendees and participants to arts events and programs in North York.
New members will be supported and mentored by the existing Board of Directors to help ease the transition into this leadership role. Participation on the Board is voluntary and there is no remuneration for service. See below for detailed information on the roles and responsibilities for Board members.
Board of Directors Key Role: The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, governance, establishes policy, oversees the operations and financial performance of North York Arts and assesses the Board’s own effectiveness. Our Board Members serve on several committees, including Executive, Finance & Audit, Governance & Nominating, Programming & Events and Fundraising & Marketing.
Expected Commitment from Board Members:
- Term begins June 2022 and have the ability to serve for a minimum of one (1) year and eligible for re-election at the following annual general meeting
- Attend 7 Board meetings each year, one in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting
- Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board and one board committee, and represent North York Arts as requested
- Expected time commitment is approx. 4-8 hours per month
The Governance & Nomination Committee is particularly interested in candidates with the following knowledge and expertise, who either live or work in the City of Toronto. Candidates living in or from North York will be prioritized.
- Human Resources
- Community Arts & Leadership
- City of Toronto (as an organisation) experience
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Commitment to North York Arts’ Vision and Values and an appreciation for the arts
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Previous non-profit board experience is an asset
- Live and/or work in the City of Toronto, specifically in North York is considered an asset
- Please submit a cover letter and your résumé / CV by March 10, 2022 to email@example.com
- All applicants must complete this application to be considered for the position.
- All cover letters and résumé / CV’s will be reviewed by the Committee to be selected for an interview.
- Nominations Committee will then make recommendations for each open board position to the Board. The Board will meet and review the recommendations and then motion for selection.
North York Arts is strongly committed to equity and inclusion within the community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Persons with Disabilities, Black, Persons of Colour, Indigenous and 2SLGBTQIAP community members. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the role and nomination process – please contact Executive Director, Christina Giannelia at firstname.lastname@example.org