Call for Board Members 2023 at Trinity Square Video
Call for Board Members: Trinity Square Video
Application Deadline: 10 June 2023
Annual General Meeting: 15 June 2023, 6:30-9:30PM
Term: 2 years, with option to renew for a second term
Hour Commitment: Approximately 6 hours per month
Trinity Square Video is seeking to fill two Board of Director positions during our 2023 Annual General Meeting, taking place on June 15, 2023. New board members will collaborate with Trinity Square Video’s staff and community stakeholders during an exciting time in our 50 years, to support future operational and governance structuring; inform operational offerings and resources; and guide upcoming programming and educational initiatives.
In keeping with our current Strategic Plan (2021-2025), new board members will work together to steward the following objectives:
- Strengthen Trinity Square Video’s new identity both internally and externally;
- Reinforce Trinity Square Video as a core meaningful support to artists and arts organizations;
- Focus on transition: the role of new media arts in a pandemic, post-pandemic, and beyond;
- Improve and update internal operations to reflect updated services and needs of our community.
Founded in 1971, Trinity Square Video one of Canada’s first artist-run centres and its oldest media arts centre. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization. For over 50 years, Trinity Square has been a champion of media arts practices. Our activities are guided by a goal to increase our members’ and audiences’ understanding and imagination of what media arts practices can be. Trinity Square Video strives to create supportive environments, encouraging artistic and curatorial experimentation that challenge medium specificity through education, production and presentation supports.
Board Member Core Responsibilities:
Serving as a Board Member at Trinity Square Video both challenging and rewarding – it requires monthly engagement in important organizational decisions concerning programming, operations, community outreach, education, facilities and equipment, and funding. The Board of Directors meet every four to six weeks, each member is expected to serve on at least one committee (Programming, Membership, Facilities, HR) to better inform and support the various departments that make-up Trinity Square Video.
- To represent the interests of Trinity Square Video both internally and externally by attending board meetings, events, communicating with our membership, advocating for TSV’s staff and mandate;
- Assist in implementing short and long term strategic planning and visioning for the organization as a whole and individual departments;
- Take legal and financial responsibility for the organization;
- Attend at least eight Board Meetings annually;
- Serve on additional committees, acting as a liaison between staff and board for the committee activities.
Trinity Square Video’s current board and staff are seeking candidates that will help us meet the organizational objectives and the support operational initiatives listed below:
- Develop durational programming, training, and networking opportunities for our growing membership;
- Build our financial capacity and revenue diversification with knowledge of ethical and sustainable fundraising practices, particularly in the private sector, including individual donors and corporate donors and sponsors;
- Contribute to Trinity Square Video’s current operations and governance restructuring and visioning.
Trinity Square Video is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all of our work. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We encourage those who identify as women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, individuals of non-conforming gender and sexual orientations, and all groups protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code to apply.
Send a CV and cover letter outlining your interest in why you would like to join Trinity Square Video’s Board to email@example.com with the subject line “Board of Directors Nomination”.
The election will take place at the 2023 AGM happening 15 June 2023. Members, staff, and the current Board may nominate new Board members. Nominations are requested in advance, but may also be taken from the floor at the AGM. Each nominee will be asked to give a brief 1-2 minute introducing themselves and their interest in joining the Board during the AGM.
Interested in sharing feedback about your experience with TSV? Please fill out our survey! The survey will help us plan for TSV’s future and inform how to best support your professional and artistic needs. Survey responses will be reviewed by staff and board and will be presented anonymously alongside future plans at the AGM.
For any questions contact Emily Fitzpatrick, Artistic Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Square Video
401 Richmond Street West, suite 121
Toronto ON M5V 3A8
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Trinity Square Video is an accessible venue.
Trinity Square Video acknowledges its presence on the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee, the Anishinaabe, Huron Wendat and the Mississaugas of the Credit, who are the original holders and caretakers of the land on which we create work.