3D Intermediate Custom Product Designer, PI Fine Art
The Custom Product Designer is the lead on all custom mixed media, modular art projects within the hospitality industry and is responsible for designing and engineering large and small-scale pieces of art for the hospitality industry. Under the supervision of the Manager of Creative Development, the Intermediate Custom Product Designer works with interior designers, PI’s in-house factory, and other manufacturing partners, to conceptualize and design projects ranging from in-room artwork to wall sculptures and large installations. The Intermediate Custom Product Developer is self-sufficient, resourceful, a team player and an innovative problem solver. With each custom project, the Intermediate Custom Product Designer remains with a project from conception to production. The Intermediate Custom Product Designer meets the brief as laid out by the client and the Project Coordinator and is responsible for end-to-end product design.
- Director of Product Development
Research / Resources
- Meets coordinators to come up with concepts and designs that are executable, on budget, and meet deadlines
- Creates a database of custom products, supplies and facilities for projects
- Works cross-functionally with internal teams along with designers to discuss strategies and themes for development of products
- Leads conversations between design and other teams about the creation of products
- Reviews package feedback from all project stakeholders and makes necessary edits and updates
Technical / Execution
- Engineers, tests, and develops innovative products that can be replicated for mass market
- Creates digital packages using InDesign, as well as the ability to create 3D rendered schematics using design software (Solidworks and renders in Keyshot)
- Creates 3D prototypes and develops methods to refine and validate design concepts
- Documents and photographs projects to ensure flawless replication
- Develops instructions and methods to be followed in the production of custom designed products
- Maintains the parameters of each project in terms of timeline and budget
- Creates and maintains library of new projects developed within the area of 3D custom-design
- Post-secondary education and or work experience in Industrial design and/or hospitality design
- 3+ years of direct work experience designing, fabricating and replicating artwork and products in décor and wall décor, the ability to create fine art
- Expert level in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Experience working with design software to create 3D rendered illustrations and schematics (Solidworks and renders in Keyshot)
- Detail-focused, with the ability to develop and organize projects from a general theme or concept to a finished product.
- Ability to innovate with superior problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative when faced with obstacles
- Outgoing demeanor with the ability to form relationships with manufacturers
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with the manufacturing process from initial design conception to a physical product
- Experience with various forms of mixed media artwork such as woodworking, mold making, sculpture, fabrication, paint applications
- Ability to accept design direction and transform ideas into high concept art pieces
- Ability to integrate constructive feedback from management
- Effective time management
- Able to create high quality within a determined budget
- Ability to “think outside the box” and present creative and versatile ideas for a variety of clients
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
Please email applications to Fakihah Mailik at email@example.com
At PI Fine Art/PI Creative Art, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve.
If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To keep our employees safe we have implemented a COVID-19 Policy, which includes remote work where possible, PPE and sanitization practices throughout our facility, in addition to a daily health questionnaire and temperature monitoring.