TRUCK Annual Call For Submissions
ANNUAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2019
The MAIN SPACE is open to applications from professional artists only:
- completed their basic training (or the equivalent)
- produced an independent body of work
- presented their work in a professional context
- maintained an independent professional practice for at least one year.
Undergraduate students currently enrolled in school, college or university are not eligible to apply.
Graduate students are eligible only if they meet TRUCK’s definition of a professional artist.
TRUCK accepts submissions in ELECTRONIC FORMAT ONLY. Please send all written support as a SINGLE PDF FILE. Images must be in JPEG FORMAT. Please email completed submission to email@example.com
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed application form: (available for download from our website)
- Proposal (maximum of 1 page): Clearly describe the proposed exhibition or project. Provide details about your spatial, and material requirements, including equipment needs. Explain what kind of venue is best suited to your proposed work (gallery, theatre, off-site, public space, etc).
- Artist Statement (maximum of 1 page): Contextualize the work submitted within your artistic practice.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 3 pages): Describe your artistic background (e.g. education, grants, scholarships or awards received, professional status, previous exhibitions or performances, commissions, professional memberships, articles, etc.)
- Images/Support Material: 10 to 15 JPEG images and/or video files. All images must be numbered and labeled to match the corresponding image list.
- Image List: Provide a brief description of support material included in your application,
- Budget: For curatorial projects, touring exhibitions, and proposals for group exhibitions please provide a clear budget of anticipated expenses and related fees for the project
Digital images: Should be in JPEG format, 1000px on the longest side at 72 dpi and no larger than 1MB in size. File names should correspond to the image list.
Video: Submit only the material that demonstrates your artistic accomplishments related to the proposed project, and please limit each example to five minutes in length.
Main Space submissions are adjudicated annually following the submission deadline on August 31 of each year.
For more information and to download the application form, please visit www.truck.ca/submit