Tatar Art Projects Call to Artists, Designers, Fabricators, and Manufacturers
Call for Submissions: Tatar Art Projects Call to Artists, Designers, Fabricators, and Manufacturers
Start Date: Feb 19, 2021
End Date: May 31, 2021
TATAR ART PROJECTS (TAP) is a global art consulting firm with 25+ years of experience in hospitality, corporate, and public art curation. As visual story tellers, we lead clients through the complexities of art program development from project inception to completion. We are developing a platform that curates and showcases artists and designers in all stages of their careers and to develop a partnership to develop for our current and future projects. To view our selected projects, please visit tatarartprojects.com.
Tatar Art Projects (TAP) is a global art consulting firm based in Toronto, connecting clients and communities through art. TAP recognizes the role Art plays in uplifting diverse voices, challenging inequities and building understanding. For these reasons and more, we are actively seeking to build strengthen our knowledge of and relationships with artists who identify as Black, Indigenous, or people of colour for a number of public art projects in our pipeline.
Tatar Art Projects welcomes BIPOC artists to submit examples of their work to be considered for inclusion in our artist database, a primary resource for our current and upcoming art projects.
For the purposes of this call, the definition of an artist is a regular practitioner who:
- Has completed basic academic training in art or an apprenticeship with an accomplished practitioner in the field, or
- Maintains an artistic practice and has publicly shared an independent body of their work for at least two years, or
- Is recognized as an artist by peers within their community.
FOR DESIGNERS, FABRICATORS, AND MANUFACTURERS
Tatar Design Studio (TDS) is a division of Tatar Art Projects, a global art consulting firm based in Toronto. We invite professional and emerging designers, fabrication teams, and manufacturers to submit their portfolio of projects at any stage of development in the fields of art objects, design accessories, and furniture in a variety of mediums for collaboration.
We welcome multiple and varied perspectives, with a focus on, but not limited to, the following sub-themes:
- Design focused on Inclusive and Universal Designs, and avoiding bias based on gender, race, and accessibility needs
- Material knowledge & expertise (ex. wood, ceramics, metal, glass, textiles, furniture, 3D objects etc.)
- Production knowledge from project inception to completion, including prototyping and sampling
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, supply chain development, and fulfillment
WHAT TO SUBMIT
- Your contact information including name, e-mail, phone number, mailing address, a CV, website, and links to social media
- A short bio/description of your creative practice (max. 150 words)
- A portfolio depicting minimum 3 visuals each of completed projects, with narrative description (max. 1MB per image), or a link to a video (if available)
- For fabricators and manufacturers: Information on production, manufacturing process, facilities, prototyping and scaling capabilities
PLEASE SUBMIT PROPOSALS AND/OR INQUIRIES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: May 31, 2021
We encourage submissions from all socio-cultural backgrounds, including BIPOC, people with disabilities, across generations, from the LGBTQ2+ community. Submissions should reflect the diversity and dynamism of the community. We thank all submissions and for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted by e-mail.