PAVED Arts Annual Call For Submissions 2023
PAVED Arts Annual Call For Submissions
Deadline: September 15, 2023
PAVED Arts is a dynamic media production and presentation centre that supports experimental work in Photography, Audio, Video, Electronic and Digital Arts. We welcome proposals by contemporary artists, collectives and curators for exhibitions, residencies, media/new media performances, billboard presentations, off-site and on-line projects. PAVED Arts is a member of IMAA and ARCA and as such observes the CARFAC and IMAA artist fee schedules.
Presentation facilities include:
- 1200 square foot main gallery space
- An acoustically-separated media gallery space
- An outdoor 50-foot wide billboard space
- A public Window space facing one of the busiest streets in Saskatoon
Applicants should articulate a rationale for the spaces requested in their proposal. More details about the physical plant of PAVED Arts can be found on our website.
In keeping with artist-run culture, PAVED Arts promotes the idea of the gallery space as a site for experimentation and risk-taking. Artists who engage our centre have benefited from the pliability of our resources as well as a critical engagement with the local community. PAVED Arts is prominently located in the Riversdale district of Saskatoon, located on Treaty Six territory, and draws from the strength and skills of a talented community of artists and cultural workers.
- All documents should be in .pdf format
- Please include a detailed project description (maximum 800 words)
- An artist statement situating your practice (maximum 800 words)
- Installation and technical requirements (including floor plan diagrams if applicable)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages)
Accepted media formats for support material:
For the purposes of adjudication we ask that audio and video support material be limited to 5 minutes in duration (or less). The full duration of submitted works, along with a description of the intended configuration, should be indicated in the project description.
- Video: .mov quicktime file, H264 codec, (5 minute maximum, 1Gb maximum) Video links may be sent rather than .mov files, hosted by either vimeo.com, youtube.com
- Audio: .aiff, .wav, .mp3, aac. (5 minute maximum) Audio links: soundcloud.com
- Image: .jpeg format, maximum dimensions of 1920 x 1080 pixels, 72 dpi. Files must be numbered in the format: 01_surname.jpg
Please submit a Maximum of five audio/video files or a maximum of 20 image files. A combination of files may be submitted where each audio/video file counts for four image files.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Submission materials may be delivered by email attachment, Dropbox, WeTransfer, or other suitable file transfer service. The download link should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAVED Arts Gallery floor plans can be downloaded from here.
If you would also like to submit work for our billboard space or window gallery you can check out the separate submission guidelines on our website. Submissions specific to the billboard and window are accepted year round and programmed on an ad hoc basis.
For more information please contact David LaRiviere, Artistic Director: (306) 652-5502 ext.1 or by email email@example.com.
424 20th Street West
Saskatoon, SK S7M OX4