Membership and Events Coordinator, MacKenzie Art Gallery
MACKENZIE ART GALLERY
engaging people in transformative experiences of the world through art
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is hiring a Membership and Events Coordinator
Temporary 16 Month Term, In-Scope (CUPE 5791) position
A full job description can be found here.
Working with Gallery visitors, staff and volunteers, the Membership and Events Coordinator’s primary function is to recruit and assist in the logistics and administration of volunteers, creating deeper relationships between the gallery and its volunteers and membership. Provide administrative support to the development and execution of fundraising events and programs, including the planning and coordination of activities with staff and volunteers. Responsible for CRM data management and data integrity.
Nature of Work:
- CRM Data Management and Data Integrity: Responsible for CRM data management and data integrity including maintaining and updating all member, volunteer, community membership, donor and sponsor profiles and records, processing memberships and donations, reports, and stewardship activity.
- Development support: Contributes to the development and execution of strategic fundraising by providing administrative support including updating all member, donor and sponsor profiles, processing memberships and donations, reports, correspondence, mailouts and stewardship activity.
- Volunteer administration: Provide administrative support and assistance to the volunteer programs, main point of contact, a resource and ambassador, ensures volunteers needs are fully understood and met, provide administrative support, assistance, and coordination for volunteer programs. Responsible for assisting with coordinating volunteer orientations and training sessions and follow up to increase understanding of the MacKenzie Art Gallery, and the roles and responsibilities of volunteers.
- Visitor Service support: Works front admission / guest services desk and other public events as required from time-to-time to process transaction and always provide customer and visitor service, maintain the highest level of professionalism with a focus on surpassing standards of customer services.
- Demonstration of exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to copyedit and proof documents for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs and interests of members, donors, and visitors.
- A keen and strategic business sense, complemented by exemplary people skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Ability to show initiative working both independently and cooperatively in a team environment under multiple deadlines and in high pressure situations.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in database management.
- Ability to set up video projectors, laptops, audio visual equipment for basic meeting purposes.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Knowledge and appreciation of art, galleries and/or museums is an asset. This position requires working public events, some evenings, and weekends.
Education: One-year Administrative Assistance Certification
Experience: A minimum of one year directly related experience in a non-profit, or similarly complex environment, with a focus on customer service.
$48,900 to $53,736
Term: Temporary 16 Month Term
Level of Accessibility: Accessible
See job description for this position here.
The MacKenzie Art Gallery is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and building a diverse workforce that includes women, Aboriginal, Inuit and Métis peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities who have traditionally been and are currently underrepresented in the Canadian workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply no later than Friday, May 27, 2022.
Applications for this position can only by submitted via the MacKenzie’s job application portal. Any applications submitted via email or by mail will not be considered. To visit the portal and apply, please click here.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to:
Human Resources & Equity Manager
Phone: (306) 584-4250 ext. 4276
MacKenzie Art Gallery
3475 Albert Street
Canada S4S 6X6
The successful candidate must submit a satisfactory Criminal Record Check prior to employment.