Marketing & Communications Manager, Oakville Galleries
Marketing & Communications Manager
Job Status: Regular full-time
Hours and Days: 35 hours per week, M–F (some evenings and weekends are required)
Salary Range: $45,000–$55,000 dependant on experience
Benefits: Health, dental, pension
Deadline for Applications: 22 November 2021
Target Start Date: 15 December 2021
If you are someone who is passionate about contemporary art and committed to working collaboratively in an environment that supports diversity and inclusion, Oakville Galleries is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager. Individuals who identify as BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for overseeing and assisting with a range of activities that will support the Galleries’ exhibitions, educational, and outreach programming that include but are not limited to:
- Managing, updating and maintaining Oakville Galleries website, including supporting the development and promotion of digital content
- Preparing all promotional and educational materials for exhibitions and public programming from signage to visitor guides, in collaboration with curatorial and education staff
- Developing and producing social media campaigns to reach local, regional and national audiences and to encourage visitors
- Developing marketing materials to increase and maintain membership
- Collaborating with the fundraising team to market and communicate events and opportunities
- Leading and managing media relations
- Other duties as assigned
The Marketing & Communications Manager will also work alongside the Executive Director (ED), board members, volunteer committees, and various community partners and stakeholders to execute these goals.
- BA in Communications or a specialization in Marketing is preferred, a BA in Art, Art History or a related field such as Graphic Design, is an asset
- A minimum of 3–5 years’ experience with communications and marketing in the cultural or non-profit sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with web content management systems, virtual event platforms and online registration systems
- Demonstrated skill in managing social media accounts, especially Instagram
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Graphic design knowledge and capability
- Experience in media relations
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including patrons, donors, members, visitors
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse array of organizations and individuals
- Experience working with Boards and organizational committees
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) would be considered an asset
- Experience with a CRM database would be considered an asset
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
About Oakville Galleries
As one of Canada’s leading contemporary art museums, Oakville Galleries is driven by a belief in the singular power of art and artists to deepen our understanding of ourselves and our communities and move us toward a better world. Oakville Galleries engages communities through-out Oakville, and wider audiences generally, with an outstanding track record of presenting the work of early and mid-career artists from across Canada and around the world. Oakville Galleries’ award-winning exhibition and educational programming is rooted in commitments to the visionary, the forward-thinking, and the responsive.
Currently in two locations—one alongside a public library in downtown Oakville, and the other in a lakeside mansion and park—Oakville Galleries is easily accessible to more than 7-million people who live in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).
Oakville Galleries is located on Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and the traditional territory of the Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee. As an institution, Oakville Galleries recognizes the importance of establishing and maintaining meaningful and respectful relationships with the original inhabitants and keepers of the land, and we are grateful for the opportunity to operate on this territory.
Oakville Galleries in Gairloch Gardens
1306 Lakeshore Road East, Oakville
Oakville Galleries at Centennial Square
120 Navy Street, Oakville
For more information about Oakville Galleries, our exhibitions or programs, visit www.oakvillegalleries.com.