Installation Project Manager, Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival
Application deadline: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Projected start date: October 2021
Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, a not-for-profit organization, is accepting applications for the position of Installation Project Manager. CONTACT is dedicated to celebrating and fostering the art and profession of photography with an annual Festival in May throughout Toronto and the GTA. CONTACT embraces an inclusive and accessible approach to the medium, and cultivates collaborations with and among artists, curators, institutions, and within the organization itself. This new team member will contribute to the further development of initiatives to support the growth of the festival.
CONTACT acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of many nations, including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and the Wendat peoples, and that this land is now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples. CONTACT is committed to promoting Indigenous voices; to generating spaces for ongoing, meaningful, and creative Indigenous-settler dialogue; and to continuous learning about our place on this land.
CONTACT is committed to the ongoing development of meaningful anti-oppressive practice on all levels. This includes our continuing goal of augmenting and maintaining diverse representation, foregrounding varied and under-represented voices and perspectives via our public platform (the Festival and all related programs), as well as continually examining the structures of power and decision-making within the organization itself. We aim to actively learn, grow, and embody the values of inclusivity, equity, and accessibility in all facets of the institution, as an ever-evolving process.
The Installation Project Manager’s primary responsibility is overseeing, managing and executing the Public Installation program. Liaising with artists, curators, printers, and fabricators, this team member helps develop unique outdoor site-specific art projects sited across the GTA. Additionally, they are proficient in developing and managing budgets, working with various printing technologies, colour-correcting images, and they have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator) at a high level
- A degree/diploma in photography or equivalent experience
- A strong eye for and knowledge of photographic print quality and colour correction
- Experience working with a high volume of images
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Thorough attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Focused, motivated, and capable of working well with others in a small organization
- Some familiarity with SketchUp is an asset
- Assist in research for public installations
- Create preliminary mockups for public installations
- Liaise with external Public Installation partners
- Secure site permits and permissions as necessary
- Manage all planning, fabrication, execution, installation and striking of public installations
- Assist with grant applications and reports
- Support production of CONTACT Gallery exhibitions on an as-needed basis.
- Help manage & edit content and aid in the launch of the website and print materials
- Assist with press materials
This is a full-time salary position of $50,000 with benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Darcy Killeen, Executive Director
Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival
80 Spadina Ave, Suite 205 (office and gallery currently closed to the public)
Toronto, Ontario M5V 2J4
416 539 9595
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
CONTACT is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and fostering the art and profession of photography with an annual Festival in May and year-round programming in the CONTACT Gallery. CONTACT embraces an inclusive and accessible approach to the medium, and cultivates collaborations with and among artists, curators, institutions, and organizations.
CONTACT is generously supported by Scotia Wealth Management, Nikon Canada, Pattison Outdoor Advertising, La Fondation Emmanuelle Gattuso, Toronto Image Works, The Gilder, Transcontinental PLM, 3M Canada, Waddington’s Auctioneers and Appraisers, Four By Eight Signs, Beyond Digital Imaging, Steam Whistle Brewing, Art Toronto, BIG Digital, The Globe and Mail, NOW Magazine, CBC Toronto, and Canadian Art, Hyperallergic, and the Metropolitan.
CONTACT gratefully acknowledges the support of Ontario Arts Council, The Government of Ontario, Partners in Art, Canada Council for the Arts, the Howard Webster Foundation, Mondriaan Foundation, Pro Helvetia, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Toronto Arts Council, and all of our funders, donors, and programming partners.