Gallery Sales Assistant, Thompson Landry Gallery
Opened in March of 2006, the Thompson Landry Gallery has one of the largest collections of contemporary art in Toronto. Pioneering new ground for galleries in Toronto, the Gallery showcases both the very best of the new generation of Quebecois contemporary artists, as well as the great masters of Quebec.
- Uphold Thompson Landry Gallery’s Core Values of Teamwork, Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Business Judgement and Integrity. Demonstrate daily the Key Behaviors of these values.
- Act as the primary support for maintaining the gallery, working directly with the Gallery Director.
- Working in a team environment to complete art sales, including follow-ups and correspondence with clients
- Physical presence required in the galleries and load-in days to assist the Gallery Directors and Gallery Operations team with set-up and installation
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and understanding of the Gallery Operations process
- Able to follow rigid timelines regarding exhibition requirements, property lists, installation schedules
- Manage daily administrative tasks
- Producing written documents, including press releases and artist biographies
- Work cooperatively other gallery assistants on site
- Occasionally deliver and install artwork in clients homes
- Other duties as assigned by Director
Key Competencies and Skills Required:
- Flexible approach to job role and working hours, including weekend availability, is essential
- Previous experience in art sales and dealing with clients
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrate experience in delivering excellent client service in a commercial environment, including active listening, empathy and patience
- Highest standard of confidentiality, discretion and work ethic
- Ability to work professionally and responsibly
- Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for Fine and Decorative Arts
- Excellent standards of self-presentation with a friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming disposition
- Confident, positive and dynamic attitude
- Commitment to punctual attendance
- Excellent communication skills (particularly in spoken English)
- Fluency in a foreign language preferred (French speakers highly desired)
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to adjust schedule during high sale seasons
- Strong follow-up, administrative and people skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Bachelors degree preferred or 1-3 years of equivalent work experience and administrative experience in a museum or gallery setting
- Previous sales experience is essential
- Knowledge and interest in art and art history
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel programs. Knowledge of E-mail, Spreadsheet, Word Processing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
- Drivers license is essential
- Extensive walking throughout and between gallery locations is required.
- Frequent light to medium physical effort and lifting required.
Job Types: Full-time / Part-time
Sales: 3 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Location: Toronto, ON (Required)
License: G (Preferred)
Language: French (Preferred)
Deadline: Open until position is filled
Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com