Executive Director, Two Rivers Gallery
Executive Director (Permanent, Full-time)
For a full description of the opportunity, please follow the link: TRG Executive Director Recruitment
As the Executive Director, you are a dynamic and innovative leader with the vision, experience and passion to guide this award-winning centre for visual art in the north. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is both hands-on and strategic, responsible for the management and operations of all facets of the Gallery and will play a significant and instrumental role in creating the next chapter of evolution for the organization. The Executive Director will collaborate with the management team to inspire and empower a dedicated team of museum professionals with the shared goal of connecting with diverse audiences and engaging the communities through exhibitions and programs. As a seasoned professional in your craft, you use your experience to drive results through inspirational and effective leadership of your team. As an entrepreneur you look past what ‘is’ and see what ‘could be’, with a recognition that it takes collaboration, diversity and heart to be successful.
A Day in the Life
Our Gallery is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves on being a collaborative, open-minded and creative team. On a day-to-day basis, the Executive Director will:
- Develop a vision and strategies that drive the organization’s long-term strategic growth;
- Be accountable for the successful development, implementation and maintenance of operational plans for the gallery;
- Partner with community stakeholders to identify and address current and future needs by assessing current programming and exhibitions against the needs of the future;
- Continue to evolve and improve community experience through exhibitions, events, programming, outreach programs, and more;
- Mentor, develop, coach and grow the gallery team and their abilities;
- Facilitate the smooth functioning of the activities of Gallery, ensuring effective use of team members (staff and volunteers) and materials, in collaboration with the management team;
- Oversee the management of expenditures, cash flow and investments; ensuring the accuracy of financial statements and other reports;
- Manage and implement fundraising activities with the Board, and in collaboration with the management team;
- Ensure the organization complies with federal and provincial legislation.
Two Rivers Gallery is a vibrant and unique public art gallery that proudly sits on the traditional, unceded territory of the Lheidli T’enneh in Prince George, BC. Operated by the Prince George Regional Art Gallery Association, the Gallery encourages lifelong learning through the arts, is an environment for vigorous artistic and cultural expression and provides opportunities for diverse experiences through participation and exhibition. The Gallery has a strong exhibition program celebrating Canadian contemporary art and inspiring educational opportunities that includes studio programs, a makerspace, and an outreach program in partnership with the local Health Authority. Two Rivers Gallery engages audiences, using exhibitions, programs, and permanent collection as tools to foster discourse through art and champion opportunities for deep participation, honouring the diversity of the region. As a catalyst and creative force in the communities in which it operates, the Gallery inspires by taking brave new steps and embracing new opportunities.
- Strong business acumen and a commitment to exceptional community experience;
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading programs which contribute to the overall success of an organization;
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of and/or interest in visual art;
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Informed outlook and strong commitment to contemporary Canadian art;
- Effective managerial and administrative skills and demonstrated skills in organization and communication, both verbal and written;
- Excellent working knowledge of computers, including office and accounting software;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with Board, staff, volunteers and the public;
- Demonstrated experience leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives;
- Capacity to cultivate relationships and participate in all aspects of donor development;
- Ability to manage fundraising events and direct mail campaigns;
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, to travel;
- Possesses a valid driver’s license or equivalent level of mobility that would be conferred by driver’s license;
- Capability to develop risk analyses and balance time-cost ratios in order to pursue the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success;
- Ability to monitor income and expenditure against the allocated budget.
Two Rivers Gallery serves the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George, which includes the traditional territories of the McLeod Lake Indian Band, Lheidli T’enneh and Simpcw First Nations.
The Regional District consists of approximately 100,000 people across seven electoral areas and four municipalities, including Prince George with a population of 74,000. Two Rivers Gallery provides services to the entire regional district, including outreach programs and an annual exhibition to the District of Mackenzie, the Village of Valemount, and the Village of McBride.
Surrounded by tree covered hills and a short drive in all directions from the beautiful BC outdoors, Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Due to being the largest city in the surrounding region and its wide variety of employment options, Prince George serves as a dynamic hub for Northern BC. Prince George has a thriving and diverse economy that offers professionals numerous opportunities to advance their careers.
The salary range for the Executive Director position is $80,000–$100,000. Two Rivers Gallery offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical benefits and participation in an RRSP plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, bio, and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Executive Director Search”
Closing date: open until filled. first round of applications will be
reviewed March 15, 2023
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will begin immediately and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Two Rivers Gallery extends a commitment to equity and recognizes that structural inequalities create significant barriers to equal opportunity employment. We encourage applications from equity seeking communities, from individuals who are Gender Diverse, LGBTQ+, Two-Spirit, Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, and Persons with Disabilities.
Click to view Accessibility Guide
725 Canada Games Way
Prince George, BC, V2L 5T1