Executive Director, Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre
Job Posting – Executive Director (ED)
Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre is a not-for-profit charitable organization governed by a Board of Directors, located in historic Saint Andrews-by-the-Sea, NB. For nearly 60 years, thousands of artists of all ages and skill levels have created and exhibited art in our unique and inspiring space. Many of our instructors, exhibiting artists, and students are internationally recognized as award-winning creators and thought leaders who have had significant impacts on both the cultural sector and the economy. As an enduring and vibrant cultural leader, Sunbury Shores’ mission is “Fostering art and nature relationships in an inclusive environment.”
We are currently seeking an Executive Director (ED) to provide strategic leadership for planning and operations of the Centre. The ED day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Short and long-term strategic and business planning.
- Policy management; human resource management; financial and administrative management; facility and equipment management and planning; hands-on oversight and participation in daily activities of the Centre.
- Mandatory reporting.
- Programming and marketing oversight.
- Revenue generation through grant writing, and support for Board-led fundraising activities.
- Ongoing communication with key stakeholders; advocacy efforts, as required.
- Support to the Board President, as required and appropriate to Board-specific policies.
- Three to five years’ experience in operational management.
- Proven success with grant-writing for the non-profit sector; proven ability to engage and develop successful relationships with members, patrons and donors.
- A university or college degree in arts management, museum studies, business administration or a related field—or equivalent. Experience and strong interest in art is preferred, as is experience and enthusiasm for art education.
- Recognition of, and ability to maintain high professional standards for the display of art to foster relationships with artists, curators, and other exhibiting organizations.
- Experience creating and implementing effective marketing and public relations programs and activities; participation in community /partnership development.
- Proven understanding of stewardship and Board governance, and experience working efficiently and effectively with a board of directors and volunteers.
- Proven leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven understanding of long-term sustainability principles and risk-management.
- Proven organizational, planning and budgeting/financial management skills.
Salary: The salary for this position begins at $48,000, with an increase based on experience and competencies of the applicant.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and relevant experience to Catherine Hamilton, President, Board of Directors of Sunbury Shores Art, and Nature Centre at Board@sunburyshores.org. The Selection Committee will begin reviewing applications on December 17, 2022. SSANC welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, and is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please note: While we invite applications from all interested and qualified candidates, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Please visit www.sunburyshores.org to learn more about us and our mission and to view a full job description for this position.
Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre
139 Water Street, Saint Andrews, NB E5B 1A7