Executive Director, Arts Council Windsor & Region
CALL for Executive Director – Arts Council Windsor & Region
Deadline: January 2, 2021 5pm
The Board of Directors seeks a candidate for the position of Executive Director of the Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) to lead the organization and steer its future development. The successful candidate will be expected to enact the ACWR’s Mission as follows:
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) will strive to enhance the economic and social well-being of the community by:
- Strengthening the arts through leadership, education, advocacy and promotion;
- Creating and expanding opportunities for diverse activities that connect the
community through participation in the arts
- Enrich the quality of life in our region by increasing awareness of the arts and its value.
In collaboration with and under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will oversee all aspects of the organization’s operations, including development, budgeting and finance, communications, partnerships and future planning/visioning.
- Responsible for directing all aspects of operations and all tasks related to the general administration of the organization.
- Grant writing and reporting.
- Fundraising and resource development.
- Management of financial records, budgets and fiscal accountability.
- Supervision of both part-time and contract staff.
- Regular (monthly) reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Post-secondary degree in arts, or arts administration. Or demonstrated relevant work experience.
- Strong administration capabilities.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience in a management role, responsible for the supervision of others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising strategies and/or fund development for non-profit organizations.
- Strong organizational, managerial and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with evidence of successful grant writing.
- Proven record in financial record keeping, reporting monthly to the Board and budget management.
- The ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Engagement in contemporary arts and culture.
- This position is a full-time appointment ranging from 35-40 hrs/wk. Hours are completed during ACWR’s open hours with occasional evenings and weekends for scheduled events.
- Salary is offered at a range of $30,000 – $45,000 according to level of relevant experience/education
- The position will commence January 2021; contract to be renewed yearly based on review.
- The position will be offered with a three (3) month probation period.
The Arts Council of Windsor & Region is welcoming of and committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility. Members from the designated groups (women, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent electronically only to the Hiring Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a current CV and cover letter, as well as contact information for three (3) references no later than January 2, 2021 at 5pm.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is a non-profit organization that serves all disciplines of individual artists, arts organizations and non-arts partners in promoting, developing and realizing creative activity. Our energies are focused on providing our community with valuable services like Artspeak Gallery, Art.Work workshops, Individual grant consultation, an in-office resource library, and our website which hosts resources, a community arts calendar, and profiles of our members and their work.