Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator, Koffler Centre of the Arts
Job Posting: Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
Employment Type: Contract-to-hire
Start Date: February 1, 2021
Reports to: Director of Marketing, Communications & Archives
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday, December 30, 2020
The Koffler Centre of the Arts is a cultural platform that explores critical ideas and concerns of our time through a year-round program of exhibitions, publications, performances, literary events, digital initiatives and arts education programs. We examine complex issues through transformative art experiences that stimulate intercultural dialogue and promote social change. Through in-gallery and off-site programs, the Koffler engages thousands of visitors each year. From school children and teens, to newcomers and seniors, we provide vital opportunities for self-expression and community connection.
The Koffler is currently seeking a Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator to work alongside the Director of Marketing, Communications & Archives and support the gallery, programming, education, and development staff.
This is a contract-to-hire position beginning with a 3-month contract from February 1–May 1, 2021, with the possibility of a full-time, salaried position immediately following. Work hours are Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Work closely with the Director, Marketing & Communications to produce assets for social media, email marketing, programs, events, onsite and digital collateral, and more
- Develop content, schedule, build community and provide customer service on social media platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) to increase followers and awareness
- Contribute to and execute strategy to achieve audience growth targets for social platforms, and audit and report on social media metrics
- Create compelling marketing copy for various mediums as needed
- Create designs for a diverse range of projects, as needed, with an emphasis on digital
- Maintain brand consistency across marketing materials, presentations, and program collateral
- Coordinate with gallery, program, education and development staff on creative for exhibitions, programs, fundraisers, etc.
- Support email marketing program
- Help coordinate and expand cross-promotional partnerships with sister arts organizations and other community-based organizations, and support community outreach efforts
- Professional experience in marketing with a focus on digital advertising, social media, graphic design and content
- Superior knowledge of and experience using all social platforms and in-depth understanding of current social media landscape, trends, and tools
- Experience using social media management tools (scheduling, monitoring, engagement)
- Strong familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Understanding of different media formats (images, videos, livestreams, stories, podcasts, blogs, infographics, takeovers, user-generated content, etc.)
- Experience in content marketing with strong writing and creative skills
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and/or interest in the arts
- Excellent organization and time management skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Photography, videography and video editing experience
- Experience hosting events on digital platforms (e.g. Zoom)
- Website CMS experience
- Experience with grassroots community outreach
- Experience engaging with diverse publics
- Direct experience working in the arts, entertainment or non-profit environments
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV, along with design and writing samples, to:
Tony Hewer (he/him)
Director of Marketing, Communications and Archives
The Koffler is committed to equity, diversity and accessibility in the workplace and welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous, Black and racialized peoples, people who identify as 2SLGBTQ+, women and non-binary people, and persons with disabilities. Note that in keeping with the Koffler’s employment equity goals, qualified candidates from equity-seeking groups may be prioritized in the hiring process.
To request any access solutions that you may require to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact Tony Hewer at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or social media DMs please. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please note that interviews will be conducted virtually.
The Koffler Gallery and its administrative offices are located at Artscape Youngplace, in Toronto’s vibrant West Queen West art and design district. The Koffler Centre of the Arts acknowledges the support of the Koffler Family Foundation, Cultural Season Sponsor CIBC Wood Gundy, the Ontario Arts Council through the Community and Multidisciplinary Arts Organizations Program, TD Bank Group through the TD Ready Commitment, the Ontario Trillium Foundation, our donors and patrons. The Koffler Gallery gratefully acknowledges the support of the Toronto Arts Council, the Canada Council for the Arts, and the Ontario Arts Council.