Development Officer, MacLaren Art Centre
MacLaren Art Centre
is looking for a Full-Time Development Officer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000 – $85,000 p/y + Benefits
Application Deadline: August 14, 2022 (or until filled)
Start Date: ASAP
The MacLaren Art Centre is a free public art gallery located in downtown Barrie, Ontario. With over 4,000 works of Canadian art in the permanent collection, and with the support of a keen volunteer team, the gallery serves an immediate community of 450,000 people across Simcoe County. We approach our work with a regional responsibility and an appreciation for the national sensibility; responding to issues that matter in our immediate community within the broader context of the provincial and national visual art and cultural framework. We offer a variety of contemporary and modern exhibitions that focus on visual art and visual culture by Canadian artists of national and regional significance. Our goal is to provide the community with an exciting range of art exhibitions, tours, lectures and art programs that inspire curiosity, creativity, and interest in the visual arts while building a vibrant and healthy community.
Reporting to the Director/Curator, this position will lead and manage a comprehensive fundraising and development program designed to raise the profile of the gallery and contribute to the long-term growth and viability of the organization. The position is responsible to achieve the MacLaren’s short and long-term fundraising goals including major gifts, corporate partnerships and sponsorships while establishing and implementing a development and fundraising strategy that increases awareness, engagement, and support for all gallery functions.
With a focus on building relationships, the position is a proactive networker and fundraiser. The position actively works with and supports key volunteers, Board of Directors, gallery members, key stakeholders, and staff in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors, members, partners, and sponsors. Responsible to research, develop, manage, and implement high-impact initiatives and events that inspire meaningful engagement and long-term connection to the MacLaren Art Centre.
The position will make meaningful contributions to all aspects of the gallery’s life including artistic and strategic planning, budgeting, and team collaboration, and acts as an ambassador for the MacLaren Art Centre at all levels of public engagement.
- Post-secondary degree or certification in Fundraising, Development, Public Relations, and/or Community Engagement, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Eight (8) years’ progressive experience leading and executing major fundraising programs in relevant non-profit and cultural sectors.
- Has a passion for the visual arts.
- Demonstrated capacity to meet fundraising goals.
- Ability to steward, cultivate, and sustain multiple stakeholders and philanthropic relationships.
- Experience leading, motivating and coordinating volunteers, individuals, and teams.
- Demonstrated oral, written, presentation and reporting communication skills and capacities.
- Creative thinking and an innovative approach to work responsibilities.
- Proven ability to remain current on all job-related technologies and best practices.
- Flexible and embraces change, diverse points of view, and creative problem solving.
- Adaptability, strong interpersonal skills, and a good sense of humour.
- Believes the visitor experience is paramount.
- Understands their role as a key community builder.
- Successful vulnerability sector screening as required.
This role is based in Barrie. The candidate must be able to work on site, however a hybrid work model will be considered.
For the full job description visit: maclarenart.com/jobs
Resumes and cover letters will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 p.m. August 14, 2022. Subject line Development Officer.
The MacLaren Art Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.