Communications and Engagement Coordinator, Artspace
Seeking Communications and Engagement Coordinator at Artspace, Peterborough, ON
Type of Role: 10 month contract (15-20 hours per week for 43 weeks)
Application Deadline: July 28, 2023 at 5pm
Working closely with the Programming Coordinator and reporting to the Director, the Communications and Engagement Coordinator will lead the development and implementation of an effective, responsive, and accessible communications strategy. The successful candidate will further be responsible for aligning all communications outputs with Artspace’s mission, values, and goals. The successful candidate will be required to complete the majority of their working hours on site Thursdays thru Saturdays during operational hours.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Over the course of this 10 month contract the Communication and Engagement Coordinator will:
- Work with Artspace Staff to develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy, communications campaigns, and media outputs.
- Create engaging, responsive, and accessible content for Artspace’s social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Research and write content for Artspace newsletter, press releases, and website.
- Design and create promotional material for Artspace programming including exhibition posters, facebook events, invitations, and brochures.
- Collaborate with the Artspace Director to develop and deliver communications around fundraising campaigns and donor recognition.
- Regularly report to the Artspace Board of Directors regarding planning, progress, and outcomes
- Develop transition documents including timelines, templates, and strategies for future use
- Open and close the gallery 3 days per week
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Post-secondary degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field, or equivalent work and life experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a communications or marketing role
- Content writing experience on all media platforms
- A portfolio of work available for review
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs an asset (ie. PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Familiarity with core accessibility and anti-oppressive practices
$25 per hour + 4% in lieu of vacation
Equity and Access:
All working hours for this position must be performed on site at Artspace. All required tools and equipment will be provided by Artspace.
The main gallery space, maker space, and office areas are fully accessible with accessible washroom facilities.
Artspace values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of colour, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and foreign-born residents to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Artspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against for any reason, including race, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, mental health or medical condition. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and the needs of the organization.
How To Apply:
Please provide a resumé and cover letter, as well as documentation of previous communications work (design and/or writing samples).
Applications are being accepted until July 28, 2023 at 5pm. Interviews will be held in person, or remotely if necessary. The ideal start date for this position is August 21, 2023.
For additional information or questions, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 704-748-3883
Artspace is partially accessible. For more information, visit artspaceptbo.ca.