Calling All Artists: Nuit Blanche 2021
Interested in participating in Nuit Blanche Toronto 2021? Project proposals are now being accepted!
Nuit Blanche is Toronto’s free, 12-hour contemporary art event with a mandate to create opportunities for audiences to explore and engage with contemporary art in public space. Nuit Blanche 2020/2021 contains a major shift in the curatorial vision of the event and for the first time the City of Toronto has welcomed an Artistic Director to provide a complete curatorial overview of all programming elements. Dr. Julie Nagam* provides one cohesive curatorial theme – The Space Between Us – that will encompass the entire event.
Open Call Projects are selected by the Artistic Director of Nuit Blanche Toronto from submissions through an open call application.
- Open to professional artists and collectives.
- Open Call projects are funded and produced by the City of Toronto with a budget of up to $11,000.
- Proposals should respond to the curatorial theme of the event and be in one of the key neighbourhoods outlined in the guidelines.
- DEADLINE: Deadline to submit a proposal to the Open Call is Monday, December 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST.
Independent Projects are self-produced projects created by Toronto based artists, collectives, galleries, cultural and educational institutions, and more.
- Open Call applications are reviewed by the Artistic Director and City staff against the criteria outlined in the program guidelines. All projects are selected based on artistic merit, project feasibility and relation to the curatorial theme.
- Projects can be located throughout the City of Toronto; however, virtual works not located in physical space are also being accepted.
- Applicants from any artistic discipline are eligible, but proposals should have a strong visual component and be rooted in contemporary art practice.
- DEADLINE: Deadline to submit a proposal is Monday, December 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST.
*For more information about Artistic Director Julie Nagam, guidelines, and how to apply for Open Call and Independent program streams see:
Independent Projects Coordinator, Nuit Blanche