Call for Submissions: Summer 2022 Writer in Residence at Toronto Public Library
Focus: Young Adult fiction
Deadline: April 18, 2022 by 11:00 pm EST
Toronto Public Library (TPL) invites applications from Canadian writers for the role of Summer 2022 Writer in Residence based at the Toronto Reference Library. The residency is designed to encourage exchanges between the author and the community and requires a 14 hour per week commitment over the months of June and July. During their residency, the selected author will lead public readings and workshops, evaluate submitted manuscripts, consult with writers from the general public, participate in online forums and engage in other activities as agreed. The remaining time is available for the WIR to work on their own project(s).
Writers who have held residencies at the library include Gail Bowen, Chester Brown, Kate Cayley, Austin Clarke, Karen Connelly, Deborah Cooke, Farzana Doctor, Sarah Ellis, Rabindranath Maharaj, Elizabeth Ruth, Robert J. Sawyer, Karl Schroeder, Allan Stratton, Sugith Varughese, Tim Wynne-Jones, Alissa York, David S. Young and Kim Echlin.
- An 8-week residency from June 1 to July 27, 2022
- Focus on YA fiction
- 14 hours per week; flexible work schedule
- Programs and meetings may take place online or in-person at TRL
- The selected Writer in Residence will receive $8,000
To apply, please download the EOI and submit the following documents by April 18th, 2022:
- Curriculum vitae or resume including teaching experience and a list of publications and completed projects
- Detailed suggestions for workshops or programs on writing Young Adult fiction
- Sample of recent published writing
- Two letters of reference
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.