Call for Submissions: HeART of HealthCARE virtual art exhibition
HeART of HealthCARE
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline: March 7, 2021, 11:59 pm (MST)
Patients for Patient Safety Canada is seeking submissions from artists in all media for an online exhibition celebrating our 15th anniversary. The mission of Patients for Patient Safety Canada is to increase awareness and strive for the improvements in our healthcare system to keep every patient safe.
On March 31, 2021 we will launch a virtual art exhibition, HeART of HealthCARE, including works in various media from artists across the country. This includes and is not necessarily limited to paintings, quilts or yarn work, poetry, stories, sculpture, dance, and music. We are seeking works that celebrate art as a way to express patient safety, express healing journeys, and illuminate the experiences of patients and families. Works could be created by patients, healthcare workers, leaders, and supporters from every walk of life.
Artists in any form, at all levels who create work inspired by these themes are asked to submit the following:
- For Visual Media: minimum of two (2) high quality digital images of each proposed work (300dpi, JPEG format, around 2MB in size)
- For Written Media: PDF format, poems and stories that can fit on one typed page only
- For Music: Direct link to download audio file (no longer than 4 minutes)
- For Performance: Direct Link to view video (no longer than 4 minutes)
All Artists, please provide:
- Brief Biography (approximately 100 words)
– Include Full Name, mailing address, phone number and email address in this document
– Artist Statement relating work to the theme of the exhibition (if possible)
Please send your submissions with HeART of HealthCARE Submission in the subject line to:
Tyler Sherard, Curator
HeART of HealthCARE
Thank you for your interest! Please note – not all submissions will be accepted as a part of the exhibition based off of the thematic criteria. Artists may be asked to submit additional materials or information.
Artists included in the HeART of HealthCARE will receive a $50 honorarium to display their work.