Call for Submissions: Coming Up Next 2024
Call for Submissions: Coming Up Next
Applications will be accepted until: January 16, 2024 at 11:59pm MT
Coming Up Next celebrates the creativity, innovation, and skill of emerging artists entering the field of contemporary Craft in Canada. This group exhibition serves as an important launchpad; introducing emerging artists to the Alberta Craft community (including our sophisticated audience of artists, craft collectors and supporters), and to the professional development services that Alberta Craft provides to its members. The exhibition will be curated to feature a diverse representation of traditional and contemporary Craft disciplines.
We welcome submissions from artists whose path to Craft may have begun through apprenticeships, mentorships with elders, those who are self-taught, and those who have received a formal post-secondary Craft education. If you are within the first five years of your career in Craft, or the final year of studies in a Craft discipline, you are eligible to enter.
This national call is free to enter, with a submission of up to five images of work that will be available for the exhibition dates. Works may be produced in any of the Craft media: clay, fibre, glass, metal, wood, stone, or any combination of the above, and must have been completed within the past two years to be considered.
Include in your Submission:
- Information about where, when and how you learned about your craft
- A description of your motivations and ideas as an artist
- Information about the techniques and materials you typically use and what compels you to use these materials and techniques
- High quality digital images of up to 5 works
- You may include up to 3 images for each work,1 of the images should be an overall view of the work, the other 2 can be details
- An image list with the title, year of creation, retail value, dimensions and weight, materials and techniques for the work depicted in each image
- Label image files as follows: 01_lastname_firstname
- If you are uploading your CV: lastname_firstname_CV
Application Deadline: January 16, 2024 at 11:59pm MT
For more information and to apply, please visit:
10186 – 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta. T5J 1H4
Calgary location – Accessible
Edmonton location – Not Accessible. There are seven steps to access the front entry to the Shop and Discovery Gallery, with railings on either side. The Feature Gallery on the lower level can only be accessed by stairs. There are two flights of stairs divided by a landing: one consisting of seven steps, the other ten steps. There is a railing on one side of the stairs to the lower gallery.