Call for Submissions: Being Scene 2022 Annual Juried Exhibition
Being Scene 2022 – Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline: Monday, January 24, 2021, at 5:00pm EST
In-Person & Online Exhibition from April 14 to May 8, 2022
We are happy to announce that our call for submissions for Being Scene’s annual juried exhibition is now open!
Being Scene is Workman Arts’ most anticipated show spanning over 20 years. Covering a wide range of artists practicing in many conceptual and material approaches, the exhibit gives voice to diverse life experiences.
We invite you to submit completed artwork for the opportunity to exhibit in-person and/or virtually. Artists at early, mid, and later points in their career are invited to submit artwork to our annual juried exhibition. Both physical and virtual-only artwork are encouraged. This year’s exhibition runs April 14 to May 8, and will be juried and exhibited in-person and virtually.
Eligibility open to Workman Arts members and/or artists who have accessed CAMH services only.
Submission Dates: November 30, 2021 to January 24, 2022
Exhibition Dates: April 14 to May 8, 2022
Opening Reception: April 14, 2022, 6:30 to 9:30 PM EST
ARTIST FEES & SELECTION PROCESS
Artist Fees (payment received per artwork)
- In-Person & Online: $250 per artwork
- Online Only: $100 per artwork
Juried Selection Process
- All submitted artworks will be juried by our guest jurors.
- Decisions will be made based on the digital images submitted by the artist, accompanying statements and artist biography.
- The jury decision will be final.
- Artists will be notified of their results via email by February 21, 2022.
- Each artist may submit digital images of up to 5 artworks in any medium.
- Artworks must be original and created by the artist submitting.
- Please specify whether artwork is intended to be exhibited in-person or online or both.
- Artworks must have been created within the last five years and not displayed previously in Being Scene.
- Inclusion of artist statements with biography is highly encouraged.
- Formatting notes for submission files:
◦ Digital images must be submitted in a .jpg or .png format and no larger than 10mb.
◦ Video entries should be submitted in MP4 format and no larger than 100mb OR be shared as a link (ie. YouTube, Vimeo, etc).
- Please inquire with us if your artwork is digital in nature and cannot be submitted as one of the formats listed above
- Images/video of artwork should be labelled as follows: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle
HOW TO ENTER
Please fill out the form by following this link: form.jotform.com/212918120898260
You will receive a confirmation email once the form is submitted.
If you do not receive it, or if alternative methods of submitting are required, please contact Visual Arts Coordinator Paulina Wiszowata at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-583-4339 ext 6.
Accessibility Assistance is available upon request.
Please give us at least two weeks notice if you require any support before you intend to submit or two weeks before the deadline (latest accessibility request date is January 10).
There are NO entry fees.
ABOUT WORKMAN ARTS
Workman Arts is a multidisciplinary arts organization that promotes a greater understanding of mental health and addiction issues through creation and presentation. We support artists with lived experience through peer-to-peer arts education, public presentations and partnerships with the broader arts community.
Workman Arts is the longest-running multidisciplinary arts and mental health organization in Canada.
Workman Arts’ office is mobility device accessible, which includes level entrances and ramps, accessible washrooms, wide and unobstructed pathways within the interior, elevators to access multiple levels, automatic doors and accessible parking. There is a gender-neutral washroom available.