Call for Submissions: Art in Hamilton 1950 – 2000
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Art in Hamilton 1950 – 2000
Submission deadline: July 7, 2022
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT ONLINE
In September 2022 the AGH is producing a large exhibition with guest curator Alexis Moline and curatorial consultant Bryce Kanbara. The exhibition (yet to be titled) will feature work created by Hamilton artists from 1950 – 2000 and serves as an expansion of the Building Cultural Legacies* project that celebrates Hamilton’s rich and immersive visual arts history and communities.
We are calling on YOU and the community to submit artworks to be displayed in this exhibition. We encourage you to share this call widely. There are a vast number of artists whose stories have not been featured and we want to highlight the diversity of Hamilton’s cultural landscape.
- Work MUST have been created between the years 1950 – 2000
- All media welcome
- Maximum of 3 works for submission (at least one will be selected)
- Artists must be local or have practiced in Hamilton during 1950 – 2000
- Ready to be installed/displayed/hung
Please ensure your submission includes:
- Date, Title, and Medium
- Framed dimensions of work/works
- A photograph of work (Multiple if work is sculpture or installation)
Image file submission guidelines:
- All images must be uploaded as JPEG at a maximum of 2 MB and 800px wide/tall
- All images must be labelled by last name, first name, artwork title, dimensions (h x w), (e.g. Doe, Jane, Artwork 1, 24 x 24 Inches.jpg)
Feel free to reach out to us anytime with questions or if you need assistance with applying at Curatorial@artgalleryofhamilton.com or by phone at (905) 527-6610 ext. 242
We look forward to highlighting Hamilton’s artistic community and continuing to build our cultural landscape together.
The Art Gallery of Hamilton Curatorial Team
*Building Cultural Legacies Hamilton website was launched in 2019 in collaboration with the Hamilton Arts Council, to revitalize and share stories of Hamilton’s artistic community during the last half of the 20th century. The project features over 50 local artists and continues to accept submissions from Hamilton artists.
In partnership with
Art Gallery of Hamilton
123 King Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8P 4S8
Plan Your Visit