Call for Submissions: 14th Annual Contemporary Art Juried Exhibition at the Museum of Northern History
Fourteenth Annual Contemporary Art Juried Exhibition
Presented by the Contemporary Art Committee & Museum of Northern History
Deadline for digital submission: June 1st, 2023
Please read the Call for Submissions fully for more details.
This year’s theme is “Mystique & Reality”:
This call for submissions intends to motivate the creation of artwork in many pathways. The subjects of these works can represent social, political, and historical events or embrace an aura of mysticism subject to reality. The approach to this call opens multiple possibilities and juxtaposes images from the fantastical to the real, actual or tangible.
The call is open to 2D, 3D, performance, video and any other contemporary approaches.
This call is not exclusive to participants from the Kirkland Lake area. All National and International artists are eligible for submissions. All disciplines are welcome.
Categories & Rules of Entry:
- All entries are submitted digitally for the jurying. See the Call for Submissions listed above for details (entry form and selection process).
- 2 dimensional work – maximum dimensions 60 inches x 60 inches in size (including frame) and a maximum weight of fifteen pounds for wall art.
- 3 dimensional work must be able to fit through a regular single doorway (32 inches wide)
- Performance & Videos (Music, Storytelling, Dance, Theatre) – no longer than 5 minutes not including credits.
- An artist may submit a maximum of TWO entries per category (2D works, 3D works, Performance and Video). All work must be original, created by the entrant, not older than two years and not previously shown at the Museum of Northern History.
- All 2D & 3D works must be properly wired and prepared for hanging/displaying.
Should an artist choose to sell their works, a 25% commission is deducted from the sale price.
Exhibition & Awards:
The Juried Exhibition will be held from July 7th to August 5th, 2023, with the Opening Ceremony and Artist Talk to be held on Saturday, July 8th from 1pm-3 pm. A series of awards of excellence will be given as deemed by the jurors.
How to Apply:
Artists should submit the Call for Submissions, entry form(s) & digital entries by June 1st, 2023:
- Digital & video images must be submitted to:
Museum of Northern History
2 Chateau Drive, P.0. Box 1757
Kirkland Lake, ON
Or submitted by email to email@example.com
- Entries must include a descriptive paragraph on the work.
A current bio and C.V. (may be submitted by email)
Museum of Northern History
2 Chateau Drive, P.O. Box 1148
Kirkland Lake, Ontario
Make sure to follow the Contemporary Art Committee on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for reminders on upcoming events, workshops and exhibitions.