Call for Proposals: Summer Arts Mississauga Workshops 2023
CreativeHub 1352 invites artists and artist collectives/groups to submit workshop proposals for art workshops presented as part of the Summer Arts Mississauga series in July 2023.
Call for Instructors 2023
Summer Arts Mississauga
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2023 5:00pm ET
Information & Application Form: Call for Instructors
CreativeHub 1352 is seeking submissions for Summer Arts Mississauga, running from July 4th – 20th on weekdays from 9:30am to 4:00pm (days/times vary depending on the length of workshops). Selected art and maker workshops will explore a variety of mediums, materials and themes, and will foster creative expression and experimentation.
Successful applicants will commit to leading their workshop for a maximum of 4 hours throughout the period of July 4th – 20th. Workshops should be catered towards school-aged children, youth, seniors, and participants over 15 years old.
Small Arms Inspection Building
This is a paid opportunity. Instructor fees are to be negotiated; proposed fees should include hourly instructor fees and workshop materials.
Applications are open to individual artists and makers, artist collectives, educational organizations, groups, and not-for-profit or charitable organizations operating in Ontario and Canada.
CreativeHub 1352 is seeking submissions for Summer Arts Mississauga, running from July 4th – 20th on weekdays. Selected art and maker workshops will explore a variety of mediums, materials and themes, and will foster creative expression and experimentation.
CreativeHub is interested in working with specific audience groups for Summer Arts Mississauga! On your application, please indicate if your program is suitable for children and/or seniors. More information here.
Potential workshops can include: painting, drawing, textile arts, woodworking, photography, performing arts, jewelry making, floral arranging, mosaics and more. Applications are open to any of the above workshops, as well as any other suggestions from applicants
- 3 – 4 workshops per day, scheduled between 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
- One-off workshops, ideally designed for beginners
- Minimum workshop length of 2 hours, maximum workshop length of 4 hours
- Maximum capacity of 20 participants
If you are interested in participating as an instructor for Summer Arts Mississauga, please apply online.
- Artist Statement: Tell us about yourself or your organization and your artistic practice as it relates to the workshop you are proposing to CreativeHub 1352;
- Workshop Description: Please provide a brief description of your proposed workshop and lesson plan;
- Budget: The Budget should outline budget distribution, accounting for your instructor fee per hour and material fees per participant, and the total cost of the workshop
- Technical Description: Should include a list of all foreseeable requirements including equipment and materials necessary for your Summer Arts Mississauga workshop.
- Visual Support Material: Please include 3-5 images to supplement your proposal, specifically showing the completed workshop product. These can also include images of your proposed materials, past work, etc.
- Visual Support Material List: Please include a short list describing the Visual Support Materials.
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2023
Artists notified of approval: May 15th, 2023
Program dates: July 4th- 20th, 2023
Workshops are scheduled in consultation with the instructor and their availability.
Please do not hesitate to contact Natalie Scola at CreativeHub 1352 with any questions: email@example.com
Additional Information & Application Form:
For additional information, please visit CreativeHub 1352’s Instructor Information Package, available online at the link below. When ready to apply, please fill out the online application form.
Other Ways to Get Involved:
42B Woodlawn Avenue
Mississauga ON L5G 3K6
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn