Call for Proposals: City of Hamilton Traffic Signal Cabinet Wraps 2023
Traffic Signal Cabinet Wraps – Call for Artists
The City of Hamilton is seeking local artists of all backgrounds and experience to submit proposals for traffic signal cabinet wraps. Artwork can be created in any medium but, if selected, must be provided as high-resolution digital files suitable for large-format printing. Artists of all experience levels are encouraged to submit proposals.
A volunteer jury of citizens and local artists will select up to forty (40) of these proposals for installation.
Award: $700 for each artwork selected.
Submission Deadline: Friday January 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM (EST) via Submittable
- Open to Artists currently residing or practicing in the Hamilton area and/or Six Nations of the Grand River. For clarity, Hamilton area is defined as the communities that make up the City of Hamilton including Ancaster, Glanbrook, Stoney Creek, Dundas, etc.
- Open to Artists of any experience level (emerging, mid-career and established).
- Artists under 18 years of age are eligible to apply but must have their parent or legal guardian sign all required documents on their behalf.
- City of Hamilton employees are not eligible to submit proposals to this call.
- Artists may submit more than one proposal to this call. Each proposal should be submitted separately – as a distinct submission through Submittable.
For more information, including project theme and submission details, please visit our website.
For further information, please contact:
Sarah Ehmke (she/her)
Senior Project Manager – Placemaking and Animation
Placemaking, Public Art and Projects
Tourism and Culture Division
City of Hamilton
T: 905-546-2424 ext 7505