Call for Proposals: 2022 Exhibitions at Craft Ontario
CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS 2022
Deadline: Monday, June 7, 2021 at 11:59pm EST
Craft Ontario is currently seeking proposals for solo and two-person exhibitions to take place in the Craft Ontario Gallery, 1106 Queen St West, Toronto, in the 2022 calendar year. More information.
Craft Ontario is devoted to the support, advocacy and promotion of Ontario craft and craft artists. Our services and programs provide support for craft artists at all levels of their careers from emerging to established, while raising awareness of, providing access to, and growing appreciation for their work.
Craft Ontario welcomes submissions in all craft media by active Craft Professional Members at any stage of their career (emerging, mid or established). Submissions of both existing work and projects that have not yet been realized will be considered.
Craft Ontario provides curatorial support, installation assistance, insurance, and pays artist fees in line with CARFAC guidelines.
If you have any questions about this call for entry or application process please contact Robyn Wilcox, Curator, at email@example.com. Please note that Robyn has limited office hours, so you are advised to submit your questions sufficiently in advance of the deadline.
In preparing your proposal, please review the gallery floor plan and images.
- Applicants must hold an active Craft Professional Membership. Your membership must be active by the submission deadline or your application will not be considered. For membership inquiries, please contact Elycia SFA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will only be accepted through this online form (see below for more details). Hard copy or email submissions will not be accepted.
- The Exhibitor will be responsible for insuring all work during shipping and delivery. Craft Ontario will insure all items for theft and damage while on the Gallery premises.
- Any work included in the exhibition that is available for sale will be sold at Craft Ontario’s usual consignment split of 50%.
- There is no fee to submit an exhibition proposal.
- Selected artists will receive an artist fee in line with CARFAC guidelines.
Craft Ontario will consider the following when reviewing proposals:
- Quality of work
- Quality of proposal
- Career Level – Craft Ontario aims to show artists at all levels, from emerging through to senior
- Disciplines – Craft Ontario aims to show a breadth of material practices
- Identity – Craft Ontario considers OAC and TAC’s priority groups
- Suitability of proposal to gallery space
- Access for members that have not shown in the space before or recently
- Applicant Information [Contact Details, Membership Number, Artist Statement (max. 500 words), CV (max. 2 pages, PDF only)]
- Co-Applicant Information — IF APPLICABLE [Contact Details, Membership Number, Artist Statement (max. 500 words), CV (max. 2 pages, PDF only)]
- Exhibition Proposal [Description (max. 500 words), Images (min. 5, max. 10)]
Visit our Call For Entry page.
Craft Ontario Gallery is located at:
1106 Queen Street W.
A partially accessible venue.