Call for Proposals: 2020 Exhibition Season
ByWard Campus Gallery and Orléans Campus Gallery
Ottawa School of Art ByWard Campus Gallery
and Orléans Campus Gallery
CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS
For the 2020 Exhibition Season
The Ottawa School of Art (OSA) is now accepting proposals of current or proposed work for the 2020 exhibition season for both its ByWard campus gallery and Orléans campus gallery. Artists working in all media are invited to submit a proposal. Group exhibition proposals are also accepted.
Proposals can be submitted for consideration at either the ByWard campus gallery or Orléans campus gallery or both campus galleries. Successful candidates shall exhibit at one campus gallery only. An application to both galleries must demonstrate a clear understanding of how the exhibition would work best using the dimensions of either gallery.
See also Gallery Floorplan’s (Downtown Gallery) (Orleans Gallery).
Proposal submissions shall only be accepted via WeTransfer, a free file sharing website, www.WeTransfer.com, (please use the email@example.com email address to send files through WeTransfer)
Type in your e-mail address and the recipient’s e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org), add a message, attach the file and send.
Note: Proposals submitted by Post, Hand-delivery or E-mail will not be accepted.
Proposal Submission Criteria
Proposals must include the following information in order to be considered:
- A completed Application Cover Form: PDF
- The Exhibition Proposal
- An Exhibition Artist Statement
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, (group proposals – C.V. for each artist)
- A total of 10 digital images or videos of work completed within the last two years
Note: An image of an artwork and a detail of that same artwork will count as 2 images. Each video counts as 1 image. The total video time per proposal must not exceed 15 minutes. Submit jpg images only, 300dpi, no larger than 2MB each; RGB format maximum of 1240 pixels, (length or width). Submit videos in the following formats only: AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, MP4, no larger than 500MB each.
- A list of all images / videos with the following format:
A number preceded with “0”, (ie. 01), your initials, the year the artwork or video was completed, and the title of the image or video; (For example: 01CB2019lightsoverwater.jpg). Be sure the number “10” precedes the last image. Ensure this list corresponds with the order of the images / videos.
Note: External image or video links will not be accepted, (ie. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). Do not put any special characters, symbols, periods, quotations marks, etc., (such as #. “& etc.) in any file name. Do not submit files in any type of software presentation, (ie. Power Point). It is your responsibility to ensure that your material is submitted in a readable format. Poorly organized proposals will not be considered.
Proposals not adhering to the above criteria shall be considered incomplete and withdrawn from the selection process without notification.
- A jury of three art professionals will make its selection based on the quality of the work, the overall integrity of the proposal and its relation to the programs of the OSA.
- The jury will meet within 4 weeks of the submission deadline.
- All artists whose proposals have been reviewed by the jury will be notified of the jury’s decision within 2 weeks of the jury meeting.
Conditions of Exhibition:
- A CARFAC artist’s exhibition fee will be paid to the artist(s).
- Selected artists will be responsible for shipping and shipping insurance to and from OSA.
- All special equipment or display materials required for artworks in 3 dimensions, video artworks and / or media artworks that are selected for exhibition must be supplied by the artist(s).
Deadline for Submissions:
4:30 p.m. ET, Friday April 5, 2019
For more details regarding the submission, please call or e-mail:
Cathy Brake at the Ottawa School of Art ByWard Campus
613-241-7471 (x 27)
Nadine Argo at the Ottawa School of Art Orléans Campus