Call for Entry: Coming Up Next
Deadline for entry: May 23, 2021
Coming Up Next celebrates the creativity, innovation, and skill of emerging artists entering the field of contemporary craft in Canada. This annual group exhibition serves as an important launchpad, introducing emerging artists to the Alberta Craft Council community (including to our sophisticated audience of artists, craft collectors and supporters), and to the professional development services the Alberta Craft Council provides to its members. The exhibition will be curated to feature a diverse representation of traditional and contemporary fine craft disciplines.
We welcome submissions from artists whose path to craft may have begun through apprenticeships, mentorships with elders, those who are self-taught or who received a formal post-secondary craft education. If you are within the first five years of your career in fine craft, or the final year of studies in a fine craft discipline, you are eligible to enter.
This national call is free to enter, with a submission of up to five images of work available for the exhibition dates. Works produced in any of the craft media: clay, fibre, glass, metal, wood, or any combination of craft media, and completed within the past two years will be considered.
See the call here: http://www.albertacraft.ab.ca/acc-calls-for-entry
Alberta Craft Discovery Gallery – Edmonton: August 14 – Sept 25, 2021
Alberta Craft Gallery – Calgary: TBD
- current CV with contact information
- artist biography
- image list: title, year created, retail price, dimensions, materials and techniques
- work submitted must be available for the duration of the exhibitions
- 3 – 5 images of work (high quality digital images, measuring at least 1000 pixels in width or height)
- CARFAC fee of $848 will be equally be divided between participating artists. Work can also be available for sale at the Alberta Craft Council’s 60% consignment rate to artists.
- Artists are responsible for paying shipping to the Alberta Craft Council, we will pay for return shipment within Canada on unsold items under 10kg/36”.
Please contact the exhibition team