Call for Entry: 2021 Headwaters Arts Annual Juried Fall Festival Show & Sale
CALL FOR ENTRY
2021 Headwaters Arts
Annual Juried Fall Festival Show & Sale
Sept. 15 – Oct. 3, 2021
Alton Mill Arts Centre
Conditions for Entry:
- Open to all artists living in Ontario, Canada – working in any media (including painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, mixed media, fibre arts, jewellery, glass, pottery, wood or others).
- We are looking for your best new work (2019 and on). Artwork must not have been entered into any previous Headwaters Arts shows.
- Students welcome. No work from classes or instructional teaching will be accepted.
- All entries will be juried. The juror decisions are final. Fee is non-refundable.
- Headwaters Arts will receive 35% commission on all sales.
- All artwork must be exhibition ready – 2-dimensional work must be ready for hanging and 3-dimensional work must be suitably prepared with supports, hanging devices and if needed, instructions for installation.
- You must be able to have your artwork dropped off and picked up in person (or by your representative).
- Accepted works must remain on view for the duration of the show.
- All artwork submitted for jurying must be for sale.
- Headwaters Arts has permission to photograph work for publicity, educational and reference purposes.
- Artists are responsible for insurance of their work. Although all reasonable care will be taken, Headwaters Arts is not responsible for any loss or damage that may occur.
A total of up to $600 will be awarded as artists prizes.
Artists spotlights to be broadcasted/podcasted/livestreamed
- All jurying will be done with electronic images. Images should be cropped and include only the image of the artwork itself. JPEG files should be submitted at 300dpi, 1024 pixels on the longest side and saved to the maximum quality. Higher quality images may be requested for marketing purposes.
- Please ensure each file is named appropriately to the following format:
Your initials_Title_Size_Year ie: BW_TheShadowsofSummer_30x30_2018
You may enter one, two or three images to the show as follows:
- Members: one piece of artwork $35.00 + HST = $ 39.55
◦ additional pieces $20
- Non-members: one piece of artwork $50.00 + HST = $56.50
◦ additional pieces $25
3-dimensional pieces may be submitted with a front and back image to fully appreciate the art. For example, if you are submitting 3 images, you would submit six
(6) different images – two (2) per piece (it helps the juror to better appreciate the 3- dimensional quality of your artwork)
All images must be submitted via email (forms may also be emailed) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off or mail forms to:
Headwaters Arts, Alton Mill Arts Centre
1402 Queen Street, West.
Alton, Ontario L7K 0C3
All entries must be received no later than Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 5 pm.
Submission Date Deadline: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 by 5 pm.
Notice of Acceptance: Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Drop Off of Accepted Artwork: TBA
Opening: Thursday, September 16, 2021, time TBA
Juror Walk & Talk Event: TBA
Pick Up of Art at Show End: Sunday, October 3, 2021, 5 pm.