Call for Artists & Theatre Actors: Grand River Arts Festival at Glenhyrst Art Gallery
Application Deadline (Call for Artists): April 14, 2023
Application Deadline (10 Minute Play Competition): May 1, 2023
Event Dates: September 15 & 16, 2023
The first annual Grand River Arts Festival is a celebration and exhibition of visual arts, music, and theatre, held on the historic grounds of Glenhyrst Art Gallery in Brantford, ON.
CALL FOR ARTISTS: Selling Table
Are you practising artist who would like to be part of the Grand River Arts Festival with a selling table? If so, please complete the application at:
- Deadline for Entries is April 14, 2023
- Selected Artists will be notified on April 28, 2023
- Artist Exhibits Preview on September 15, 2023, 5 – 9pm
- Artist Exhibits on September 16, 2023, 11am – 8pm
Acceptance and Cost:
- We are grateful for the large number of submissions we receive, however only those selected for the festival will be contacted by April 28, 2023
- After confirmation of acceptance, GRAF must receive payment (see above) by April 30 for booth space and tables. Late payments will not be accepted. Payment details to follow acceptance.
Professional exhibitor – $100
Student exhibitor – $35
ONE Table rental (6×2’) – $15
- The festival will open at 5pm on September 15. Set up must be completed by 4:30. Booths must remain staffed during open hours, through 8 pm on Saturday, September 16. There will be no allowance for late set up nor early removal. Commitment to the festival is for both days.
- More details regarding set up, etc. will be provided as we get closer to the event.
- Each exhibitor will be provided with one quarter of a 20 x 20 existing tent (10’ square area open on all sides). One table can be rented for an extra charge and must be reserved on this application.
- Tables must be covered on all 4 sides to the ground.
- Boxes and other packaging materials must be stored out of sight (under tables or in vehicles).
- Exhibitors provide own chairs.
- Booth areas may not exceed standard 10’ height, nor 10’sq ground dimensions.
- Only mediums which have been approved through the festival jury process may be displayed. If an artist has multiple mediums or changes their medium, each one must be juried separately.
- No commercial prints, multiple prints nor multiple cast objects may be displayed or sold, except for note cards and promotional material. (This does not include original printmaking works, nor new media.)
- Photographs must be produced with archival ink on archival paper, signed and numbered, except for postcards/promotional material.
- All 2-dimensional work must be displayed professionally (either framed or matted and wrapped in cellophane).
- All booths will be attended by the artist, not by representatives or agents. A direct contact of the artist may relieve the artist for brief periods of time to ‘booth-sit’ (bathroom or food breaks, or to view the festival).
- Participants are responsible for their own insurance for their artwork, personal belongings and booth. The GRAF is not liable for damages, losses or theft during the festival.
- Exhibitors will maintain a clean booth and orderly surrounding area during the show and leave the area clean after the show.
For more information about the Acceptance Criteria and other details for the Call for Artists, please go to www.glenhyrst.ca.
CALL FOR THEATRE ACTORS: 10-Minute Play Competition
The 10-Minute Play Competition is a fast-paced, exciting theatre competition taking place at the Grand River Arts Festival this September.
Performances will go head-to-head in front of a live audience, and will be scored by a panel of judges. The 3 best plays will be awarded cash prizes.
Actors and troupes interested in competing need to complete the form to register their entry and submit their script for consideration at:
Selected submissions will be invited to produce their play at the competition.
- Deadline for Entries is May 1, 2023
- Successful play selections notified by May 14, 2023
- Competition date is September 16, 2023
Location: The Coach House Stage at Glenhyrst Art Gallery of Brant, 20 Ava Road, Brantford.
- Gold ($500)
- Silver ($250)
- Bronze ($125)
Rules of Engagement:
- The runtime must be under 10 minutes, no exceptions
- There is a maximum allowance of four (4) actors
- Plays can be original works or works for which the rights have been secured
- You will be provided with four (4) drama boxes on an empty stage
- Each production will have 2 mins before and after their performance to set up and strike the stage
- All costumes and props, and lighting and sound equipment must be carried on and setup during your allotted time slot; storage will not be provided
- Lighting will be pre-set to full white during the performance, and blackout at the conclusion of the performance
- You are permitted to bring a maximum of two (2) stage hands
- The stage must be cleared and reset at the end of each performance
For more information regarding Selection Criteria and other information about the 10 Minute Play Competition, Please go to www.glenhyrst.ca
For more information, please contact:
Glenhyrst Art Gallery
20 Ava Rd., Brantford ON
N3T 5G9 (519) 756-5932
Visit us on Social Media!
Instagram: @glenhyrst | @grandriverartsfestival