Call for Artists and Makers: Fall & Winter 2023 Barns Art Markets
Calling all artists, creatives and makers!
Apply now for the Artscape Wychwood Barns BAM Markets: the Nuit Blanche Market on September 23 and the Holiday Market on December 3, 2023.
Application Deadline: August 9, 2023 at 11:59pm
The Barns Arts Market aims to support local talent within the community. If you’re an artist, creator, or maker, Artscape encourages you to participate! Come set up alongside other local exhibitors and take part!
Barns Art Market Exhibitor Application requirements include:
- Full contact information
- Artist statement – 100 words or less
- Artist biography – 75 words or less
- A minimum of five images and no more than ten images of recent work that are representative of work to be exhibited in the show. Please note that the submitted images could be used for the purposes of event promotion and/or media.
- Images and/or plan of booth design or examples of past booths
- Artscape and BAM encourage applications from those that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, class, gender, race, and sexual orientation. Please let us know if you have any needs for accommodation throughout the process by contacting BAM@Artscape.ca.
Exhibitors for the Barns Art Market are chosen by a selection committee or jury including an Artscape tenant and two community members. Artists selected to participate in the Barns Art Market will be notified between August 21 – 22, 2023 with next steps. Upon acceptance of the offer and confirmation of participation, you will be issued an invoice to pay your registration fee. Payment can be made by credit card, cheque or e-transfer.
Showcasing & Selling Your Work
Exhibitors must showcase and sell work from the media category indicated in their applications and represented by the supporting images provided with the application. Please note that if you would like to showcase or sell work from another media category, it must be submitted for review by the selection committee. You are not permitted to display or sell work of other artist(s) or any other products that are not your original creations.
Booth spaces within the Covered Street Barn (Barn 2) will be assigned by the selection committee. A maximum of 30 exhibition spaces will be available. All booth spaces are 10’ x 10’. Space has no walls or furnishings. All other furnishings are to be brought by the exhibitor.
The fee for each booth is $150.00 + HST.
If you require tables, they are available for a fee, $15 per table. Chairs are available free of cost. Please indicate on your application how many tables and chairs you require. Please reach out to BAM@artscape.ca with any questions!
Artscape Wychwood Barns
601 Christie Street
Toronto, ON M6G 4C7