Assistant Curator, Two Rivers Gallery
Two Rivers Gallery, a vital centre for art, culture and community located on the traditional, unceded territory of the Lheidli T’enneh is seeking an Assistant Curator to work as part of our small and close-knit team. Reporting to the Curator & Artistic Director, the Assistant Curator will contribute to the vision and objectives of the Curatorial Program playing a lead role in developing exhibitions focused on regional emerging artists. The assistant curator installs exhibitions, collaborates on programs and supports curatorial and interpretative activities in numerous ways.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing exhibitions and finding opportunities to support the development of emerging artists through the exhibition process;
- Collaborating with programming staff in developing engaging exhibition interpretation and public programs;
- Preparing artwork and exhibition spaces for exhibitions;
- Installing and de-installing artworks in multiple exhibition spaces;
- Assisting with the administration of the exhibition program including scheduling, contracts, maintaining exhibition records, facility preparation, insurance, return of artist submissions;
- Liaising with artists and donors at the request of the curator to complete documentation around acquisitions to the collection especially as pertaining to registration, transfer of ownership files, licensing of image use and updating permanent collection database;
- Updating computer database and catalogue files and assisting in collections database management;
- Coordinating transportation and the shipping and receiving of artwork, assisting in the packing and unpacking of artwork, and documenting uncrating procedures;
- Conducting studio visits and liaising with artists and artists’ groups as required.
- Knowledge of and interest in contemporary Canadian visual art;
- Knowledge of standard museum operations;
- Post-secondary education in an art-related field;
- Familiarity with power tools;
- Knowledge of Word and the Office Suite of programs;
- Familiarity with databases;
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills;
- Organizational, creative, and teamwork skills;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
Salary range between $37,000 and $42,000, based on 37.5 hours per work week.
How to Apply:
We invite all interested applicants to send a cover letter and resume to George Harris at email@example.com with the subject line “Assistant Curator”. We welcome questions about the position or the application process, please contact us at the above email address or call 250-614-7805. A complete job description is available upon request.
This competition will remain open until it is filled. Interviews will start the week of June 14, 2021. We are grateful to all applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Two Rivers Gallery extends a commitment to equity and recognizes that structural inequalities create significant barriers to equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, from individuals who are Gender Diverse, LGBTQ+, Two-Spirit, Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, and Persons with Disabilities.
*Our space is accessible. *
725 Canada Games Way
Prince George, BC, V2L 5T1