3 Job Postings at Toronto Queer Film Festival (TQFF)
Toronto Queer Film Festival (TQFF) is hiring 3 new positions for our upcoming festival!
- Lead Programmer
- Publicity and Social Media Manager
Start Date: October 2, 2020
Application Deadline: September 16, 2020, 5 PM EST
The Toronto Queer Film Festival is a nonprofit arts collective which launched in 2016 in response to an urgent need for exhibition space in Toronto for work by, and about marginalized queer and trans people.
TQFF serves the LGBTQ+ community through five primary mandates:
- to exhibit queer independent and experimental film/video art;
- to support the production of alternative queer film and video art through community based arts education;
- to foster community development and engagement by making our programming accessible to all;
- to decolonize artistic and curatorial practices and advocate for decolonizing queer art and activism in particular
- to program work made by and for queer and trans Indigenous people, people of color, and people living with disabilities.
TQFF distinguishes itself from other Toronto cultural events that serve the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on experimental time-based media that challenges and expands social, political, and artistic conventions. Our curatorial mandate is to centre the programming of work by and about queer and trans people of colour, Indigenous people, and people with disabilities, as well as the work of local artists, low-income, DIY filmmakers, and emerging artists. Our foremost goal as an organization is community building: creating space for queer and trans filmmakers and audiences to come together in the spirit of art and activism.
As part of our commitment to centering Black and Indigenous queer and trans artists and arts workers at TQFF, the three positions available are part of a block-hire prioritizing BIPOC applicants.
For detailed job descriptions please visit torontoqueerfilmfest.com/opportunities/
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact:
email@example.com using the subject heading Job Posting