Please send your complete final content, all together in one email, to: email@example.com.
All content submitted is final. Up to 3 minor copy edits may be made as we build your web posts and emails – any further editing is subject to a $50 editing fee.
Guidelines for Akimbo Website Display Ads
- Please send us a 300px wide x 250px high advertisement graphic, in JPG or PNG file format. Please note we do not accept GIFs.
- Please ensure that your Display Advertisement includes text about what you are advertising. Most ads have text placed over a background image or colour.
- Send the URL you would like us to link your ad to.
Guidelines for Akimbo emails, Akimbit emails and Web Posts
- Send your text in the body of the email or as a text document attachment. Do not send a PDF.
- Maximum of 1,000 words.
- Maximum of 15 hyperlinks. Embed links in your text like this, do not include inline (like this: link to: www.mynews.com). Avoid duplicate links.
- Image captions/credits must be included within your copy.
- Contact information (address, email and/or phone) must be included.
- Include your social media handles for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Please include the level of accessibility of your venue according to our definitions.
- Note that Akimbo emails include static images only; we do not send videos or GIFs.
- For jobs, calls, and RFPs: please note that the Ontario Pay Transparency Act states:
Compensation range information: Every employer who advertises a publicly advertised job posting shall include in the posting information about the expected compensation for the position or the range of expected compensation for the position.
- For exhibitions and events, you can download and use our Akimbo Content – Exhibitions & Events Template.
- Maximum 4 images (including logos)
- Please send at least one image without text. The image we use in your Web Post (which appears on the homepage of the website in the Listings section) must be free of text overlay, otherwise we may crop or substitute a stock image.
- If multiple images or logos are required in a prescribed layout, they must be provided as a single image.
- Maximum 2MB per image
– Our layout is 600 pixels wide, but larger images are encouraged. Image dimensions of approximately 2,000 pixels are great!
- All images must be included as JPG or PNG attachments.
– When saving as a JPG, ensure that the quality is set to Very High (approximately 85 – 95), to avoid a loss in image quality.
- We cannot accept embedded video. We can accept an image of your video that hyperlinks to where it will play (ex: YouTube or your website).
- We cannot accept images embedded in Word documents. Images embedded within documents are helpful as layout guides, but they cannot be extracted effectively.
- Please provide the text to appear in the Akimbit email: maximum of 40-50 words. (A short summary version of the text that appears in your Web Post, with the most important info you want people to read quickly.)
- In addition to the 4 images that will appear in your Web Post, you may provide a 200 x 200 pixel image in JPG format for the thumbnail that appears in the Akimbit email. If no thumbnail is provided, we will create one for you by using an image from your content.
Guidelines for Akimbo Social Media Postings
- We write the text for your social media posts based on best practices and the content you send us for your Akimbo/Akimbit/Web Post.
- Social media posts with strong visual content get more engagement than posts with only links or text. We encourage you to submit 2-3 well-composed, dynamic, photographs or short video clips for use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Please do not send images with overlaid text.
- For Instagram posts please refrain from sending graphics. Photographs get much better engagement from our audience.
- Send us the social media handles of all organizations and people referenced in your post.
- Send us up to 12 specific hashtags your organization uses.
- Please note: If your organization cannot provide a suitable image please let us know. We have a small collection of images available for use.
Social Media – Recommended Image Size
- Square or Landscape images with a minimum width of 1080 px are preferred.
- Please note: If images are not the recommended size, they may be cropped or resized for each social platform.
- Instagram Videos: 600 x 600 px (1:1 aspect ratio) with a maximum length of 60 seconds in .MP4 or .MOV format. *Instagram does not currently support .gifs.
- Facebook Videos: Minimum width of 600px (Landscape aspect ratio: 16:9. Portrait aspect ration 9:16) with a maximum length of 120 minutes in .MP4 or .MOV format. All .gifs must be less than 8MB.
- Twitter Moving Images: 1280 x 1024 px (1:1 aspect ratio) with a maximum length of 140 seconds in .MP4 or .MOV format. Looping .gifs less than 5MB are also supported.