Wood Shop Technician, Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre
Part Time Wood Shop Technician at Queen Elizabeth Park Cultural Centre, Town of Oakville
Job Designation: Wood Shop Technician
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range: Starting at $22.77 hourly
Temporary: As scheduled, up to 24 hours per week
Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre (QEPCCC) is located at 2302 Bridge Road, Oakville. It is a unique multi-purpose recreation, arts and culture facility located in Oakville, Ontario. QEPCCC offers many drop-in and registered cultural programs, including a studio drop-in program and memberships, and an exhibitions program.
To provide occasional technical support for specialized equipment in the wood shop ensuring equipment is being operated and maintained to manufacturer’s standards. Ensuring all procedures are followed to maintain warranties. Assist users with the proper use of the equipment. Assist in developing, maintaining and enforcing all safe operating procedures.
Specific Duties include
- Maintaining the wood shop equipment is in good operating order including weekly and monthly maintenance.
- Ensuring safe operation of all equipment and adherence to proper handling of all products in the wood shop studio according to WHMIS standards.
- Ensuring adherence to all Health and Safety procedures/standards.
- Providing technical support to users and staff to ensure equipment is used properly and safely.
- Developing and providing all safety training to users.
- Communicating regularly with the Cultural Coordinator about any problems and/or recommendations regarding equipment and facilities which may affect the safe operation of the wood shop.
- Maintaining all maintenance and safety logs for the wood shop equipment.
- Ensuring all warranty requirements are maintained by ensuring operating procedure and maintenance is followed according to warranty requirements.
- Ensuring the continuing safety of all users while in the wood shop and document all accidents/incidents immediately. All reports must be received by the Department within 24 hours.
The successful candidate will have a college diploma/degree or other recognized technical qualifications specializing in wood/sculpture, craft and design, fine arts. Candidate will have three years’ experience in a wood shop as well as some experience as an assistant technician. Health and Safety training, WHIMIS and First aid certification are also required.
Excellent communication and customer service skills are required. Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends.
Successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal and vulnerable sector screening check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Letters of application should address the candidate’s expertise in the areas of professional work and community service. All applicants must be able to provide a portfolio that demonstrates all of the above during the interview process.
For enquiries, contact Cultural Coordinator at 905 815 5979.
Applications will be accepted on-line at Oakville.ca the current opportunities section no later than midnight on July 17, 2022.
DATED: April 6, 2022
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.