Toronto School of Art – Summer 2019 Term: July 2
TORONTO SCHOOL OF ART (TSA) fosters the inherent capabilities of its students through an education model that revolves around artists teaching artists to help them make their mark.
TSA believes the arts should be accessible to all levels of experience. Whether you’re a working professional or just starting out, TSA offers courses that address all levels of expertise. The only thing our students need to get started is a passion for their craft. Once they have that, our mentors are there to further refine, hone, and cultivate their skills.
TSA is Toronto’s Longest-Running Independent Art School. Enrol in a course and enjoy:
- Faculty of practicing artists
- Small classes with individual guidance
- Classes at all levels in Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Digital Arts, Mixed Media, Printmaking, Photography and more.
- New Ceramics studio to open soon! Stay tuned.
- Open Studio (Current students can work independently outside of class time. Contact office to confirm studio availability)
- Student Locker Rentals
- NEW Central Location- 24 Ryerson Ave – Queen & Bathurst
Summer TERM 2019 | JULY 2 TO AUGUST 31
Choose from 40 daytime, evening, and Saturday weekly courses in a range of media and specialized techniques taught by a faculty of passionate, practising artists.
Summer term starting July 2, with SUMMEREARLYBIRD (10% off your base tuition) until May 31. Summer term has weekly 8 and 6 week classes, 3-day workshops, 1-week intensives, and week-long youth intensives.
See below for NEW workshops and intensives, exclusive summer courses and a selection of 8/6 week introductory courses and week-long youth intensives.
Warm up your creativity this summer at TSA!
SUMMER TERM COURSES OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
- Mastering the Digital Image with John Bingham (3-day workshop)
- Wunderkammer: Cabinet of Curiosities with Donnely Smallwood (3-day workshop)
- Clay Hand Building for Teens (Ages 14-17) with Rebecca Jane Houston (1-week Youth workshop)
COURSES OFFERED ONLY IN SUMMER TERM
- Figure and Portrait Painting with Paul Turner (8 weeks)
- Video Editing with Tobias Williams (6 weeks)
- Digital Sculpting with ZBrush 2 with Florian Jacot (6 weeks)
INTRODUCTORY LEVEL COURSES – 8 AND 6 WEEKS
- Introduction to Drawing (8 weeks)
Thursdays, 6PM-9PM with Robert Akow
- Introduction to Life Drawing (8 weeks)
Tuesdays, 6:30PM-9:30PM with Thomas Hendry
Thursdays, 10AM-1PM with Thomas Hendry
COURSES FOR YOUNG ARTISTS (TEENS)
- Youth Art Studio (Ages 14-17) with Tina Oehmsen-Clark
- Architectural Drawing and the Constructed Environment (Ages 14-17) with Julie Ourceau
- Fundamental Drawing for Teens (Ages 14-17) with Donnely Smallwood
Plus many more! See all summer courses here: Summer 2019 Course Calendar
SPRING TERM COURSES STILL OPEN FOR REGISTRATION:
Highlighted courses are still open for registration : SPRING 2019 Course Calendar
To register, visit tsa-art.com, contact the office, or drop by during office hours for assistance.
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 9AM-7PM | Friday 9AM-5PM | Saturday 9AM-4PM
OPEN LIFE DRAWING AND PAINTING
TSA offers drop-in, uninstructed Open Life Drawing and Painting sessions. No registration necessary, all are welcome. $15 at the door, or purchase a 5-session pass for $60.
- OPEN LIFE DRAWING is held on Mondays 6:30PM-9:30PM and Fridays 6:30PM-9:30PM. OPEN LIFE PAINTING is only held on Fridays, 6:30PM-9:30PM.
Join our newsletter for more information and the latest details on our creative community, including: faculty exhibitions, festival events, and more.
At this time, Toronto School of Art is not accessible. Please see our Accessibility Notice for further details.