Toronto Metropolitan University: Documentary Media MFA Accepting Applications for Fall 2022
School of Image Arts: Documentary Media MFA
at The Creative School
Interested in non-fiction storytelling?
Interested in photography, new media and/or film?
Apply to the one-of-a-kind Documentary Media MFA program this Fall!
ACCEPTING DOMESTIC APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2022
Bridging traditions of documentary practice with emerging approaches to non-fiction storytelling, this interdisciplinary program brings together students to explore documentary forms and strategies in the making of new documentary work. Working alongside artists, scholars and media professionals, students engage with the histories and theories of documentary, while working with the tools needed to complete their own major creative projects.
Paid opportunities + scholarships
Guaranteed entrance scholarships for all incoming students in Fall 2022. Scholarships available for both years in the program. Additionally, students are eligible to a wide range of paid work opportunities, such as:
- Research Assistant positions
- Graduate Assistant positions
- Career Boost positions
The DocNow Festival presents the Major Research Project student work. Students collaborate on a citywide festival featuring screenings, exhibitions and events exploring a wide range of subjects and celebrating their creative achievements. www.docnowfestival.ca.
- A four-year honours Bachelor degree, or equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (B) or equivalent in the final half of the program
- Statement of Interest & Project Proposal
- Resume / CV
- Letters of Recommendation
- Visual Portfolio Submission
The Creative School at Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University)*
A place where you come to learn, transform and reimagine everything you thought was creative. Visit our website to explore one of our uniquely distinct graduate programs in the fields of media, communication, and design.
* In April 2022, the university announced our new name of Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. Learn more about our next chapter.