Three Part-Time Instructor Positions, Game Program, Seneca College
Part-Time Instructor – Game Program (3 positions available)
Seneca College is currently seeking applications for three part-time teaching opportunities in our gaming programs:
- Game engines specialist
- Surfacing specialist
- 3D Modeling specialist
Department: School of Creative Arts and Animation
Location: Seneca@York campus
Start Date: September 6, 2022
Compensation: Based on experience and education
Reporting to the Chair, School of Creative Arts and Animation, the instructor will be responsible for providing an effective learning environment for students in our game art related programs through the delivery of courses and related materials.
The instructor will teach courses in the gaming stream of the Animation advanced diploma program within the School of Creative Arts and Animation. Courses may be at the foundational or advanced level.
Under the direction of the senior academic officer of Seneca or designate, the Professor is responsible for:
- Design and deliver lessons in game art and animation programs based on established learning outcomes
- Evaluate student achievement based on the learning outcomes and provide constructive critique
- Develop a weekly teaching schedule and learning materials.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with the College’s multicultural student and staff population, as is an understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
- Ability to teach in a variety of delivery modes included, in-person, online, hybrid and flex mode
- Experience and familiarity with the vocational objectives and career paths related to the gaming industry and incorporate this knowledge into class materials and assignments
- Ability to convey the conceptual and practical aspects of curriculum to students, while respecting their diverse backgrounds, experience and individual learning styles are necessary
- Diploma or degree in a related field
- Minimum three years of professional experience in game design (AAA, indie or mobile)
- Previous experience teaching in a post-secondary environment an asset
Application Deadline: Open until positions are filled
To Apply: Please submit your application online via the Seneca Careers Portal.
We are proud to be building the equitable Seneca, and welcome applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives and approaches. Joining Seneca means being part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to access, student success and employee potential. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.