Senior Designer, Sid Lee
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one, out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
The Senior Designer is responsible for delivering against a wide range of design mandates in a multidisciplinary environment. They provide design leadership and inspiration through talent and work ethic as a member of a design team. Develop highly innovative and creative solutions for strategically driven projects. Working under the guidance of the Design Director, they must demonstrate excellent attention to detail in design and craft, while helping junior and intermediate designers reach their fullest potential. The senior designer will execute across a range of projects including branding & identity, packaging, POS, print, digital and OOH, and work closely with multidisciplinary teams to ensure design integrity and brand alignment across all touch points.
- Be a leading voice and creative driver as a member of the design team.
- Lead the creative design of mid- to large-scale projects across all stages of the process, from pitch to final deliverable.
- Lead working sessions and presentations to internal audiences and client groups.
- Be deeply involved with strategy, proposals, plans, pitches, and most importantly, design.
- Be aware of recent design trends while having an excellent knowledge of typography.
- Work with and understand brand guidelines and create new branding and logo design projects while understanding a brand’s tone of voice.
- Foster a strong mentoring environment and actively support junior and intermediate designers.
- Translate insights into award winning and innovative identities for a wide array of brands and clients.
- Collaborate with copywriters, art directors, digital designers and vendors/printers to apply concepts across non-traditional media.
- Strong Portfolio. You have 6-8 years of agency experience, you demonstrate originality, perfect execution, and a multi-disciplinary thinking through your work.
- Proven Experience. You have experience in the design of visual identities and a degree in design or a related field.
- Detail Oriented. You work pixel-perfect, are highly detail oriented, and have an excellent feeling for typography.
- Deep Empathy. You are a great listener, and you have a pulse on a broad range of local and global issues and a cultural awareness.
- Great Communicator. You demonstrated ability to communicate concepts and ideas to design staff, leadership, and clients through written, verbal, and visual means.
- Time Management. You can manage your time, hit deadlines and be on time for meetings, while working on multiple projects at once.
- Team Player. You are positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others.
- Mentor. You work and oversee Designers and interns and you know how to give constructive feedback and good advice.
- Cultural Player. You contribute to the culture of the agency and take part in activities that foster the agency spirit.
- An Expert. You have expert knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and you know how to design for web, mobile and print.
- Motion Skills. Knowledge in motion design (e.g., After Effects) is a plus.
Compensation range: 70-90 k, based on experience.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
The location is partially accessible.