Sales & Exhibitor Relations Manager, One Of A Kind
Sales · Toronto, Ontario
Rooted in our purpose to champion creativity, One Of A Kind brings together a community of like-minded individuals to exchange ideas, stories and objects through the culture of craft. Since 1975, One Of A Kind is best known for hosting Toronto’s largest and best attended craft shows. Between our Spring and Winter events, we connect thousands of small businesses with 130,000 visitors each year. From in person events to year-round digital products, One Of A Kind is invested in delivering meaningful experiences between makers and buyers so that so that shopping Canadian Made is simple yet impactful to the vitality of our local communities.
One Of A Kind is produced by Informa plc, a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Throughout Informa, in every market and operational divisions, we share the same purpose: to champion the specialist, connecting people with knowledge to help them learn more, know more and do more.
What We Offer
- To work for the largest publicly owned events business and take part in shaping a rapidly evolving industry
- A fast-paced work environment where you can contribute to the success of the small business community
- Hybrid working approach (a mix of remote and office working – Toronto)
- Best in industry benefits and retirement package with competitive medical & health benefits, with comprehensive wellness coverage
- Competitive bonus program
- Opportunity to collaborate with collogues around the world
- Generous personal time off package, including vacation, personal, volunteering days, plus a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Ongoing professional development via free access to LinkedIn Learning
About the Role
The Sales and Exhibitor Relations Manager for the One Of A Kind Shows will be responsible for the sales of exhibition space, partnership opportunities and digital products. The role will also involve account management (new, existing and lapsed client base) for the brand. We are looking for: a self-starter who loves to build relationships and are driven to meet and exceed sales target. The successful applicant will also be a team player who seeks to contribute to overall business objectives. A passion for craft, design and small businesses will also be an asset.
- Meet the defined sales budgets for the two One Of A Kind Shows throughout the year. The team will be responsible for sales and account management of over 1000+ accounts, all small business owners and creative entrepreneurs working across Canada. Booth sales is approximately 75% of total show revenue.
- Actively solicit and close sales through sourcing, developing new leads, phone consultation, target emails, social selling, and face to face meetings
- Collaborate with the sales team on devising recruitment and retention strategy for all current and previously prospect and lapsed vendors
- Explore client needs and provide product solutions to deliver customer value, to meet their business goals and to increase customer satisfaction
- Manage sales pipeline and are actively working on converting leads into clients
- Accurately report sales progress with weekly reports to ensure Sales Director can forecast revenue projections, and to report on budget accordingly
- Act as lead point of contact for all One Of A Kind prospects and exhibitors between both the Spring and Winter events in order to address any and all of their questions and concerns
- Ensure all clients’ needs and expectations are met in a timely manner
- Participate and lead in Q&As, workshops (in person and/or virtual) as a recruitment tool and a vendor success strategy
- Attend events (Informa, competitors) across Canada to generate leads, drive sales, maintain relationship, and increase industry knowledge
- Act as one of show’s spokesperson to promote the brand and our vendors when necessary
- Facilitate day-to-day administrative tasks including but not limited to coordinating the application/jury committee processes, updating the CRM and ongoing contract management
- Assist in the ongoing review and provide updates for vendor/exhibitor documentations and policies
- Contribute feedback and recommendations to improve the overall One Of A Kind experience
- Additional duties may be assigned as business requires
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
The successful applicant will display the following traits:
- Organization: Multi-tasking ability to prioritize time/energy to maximize results
- Persistence: Positive attitude and a persistent drive, even when faced with objections
- Listening Ability: Ability to assess client needs and identify strategic selling opportunities which will get customers excited. Problem-solver ability. An eye for customer-service
- Creativity: Customize approach to different clients based on trigger points
- Diligence: Ability to stay focused on the task and put in extra time/effort to drive results
- Adaptable: Be flexible with scheduling including some evening and weekend work
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
If you’re excited about this role but have different working experience from what is listed above, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, provincial or local law.
Informa welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process in accordance with the Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please submit your request to the Human Resources department via our recruiting system and we will work with you to determine how we can best meet your needs.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is July 15, 2022.
Please submit your resume here.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications and experience we believe will be a good fit for this role.
20 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 1200, Toronto ON MR4 1K8