Request for Credentials: Pinnacle One Yonge Public Art Program, Toronto
REQUEST FOR CREDENTIALS
Pinnacle One Yonge Public Art Program
Closing Date: May 31, 2022 5:00 PM EST
Public Art Management, on behalf of Pinnacle International, are excited to announce this Request for Credentials (RFC) to all professional artists as part of the Pinnacle One Yonge development project in Toronto, Canada.
We are inviting interested professional artists to submit their credentials for consideration as part of the first stage of a two-stage public art process to select candidates to be considered for this multi-use, residential development.
Pinnacle One Yonge will be a multi-phase luxury mixed-use development located at the southeast corner of Yonge Street and Lakeshore Boulevard. The development will be the crown jewel of Pinnacle’s long track record of high-quality development projects across Canada.
The project will be a major addition to the City of Toronto, acting as a bridge from the lakefront neighbourhood to the downtown core of the city. The development will help revitalize the neighbourhood by creating a vibrant mixed-use community that includes affordable rental housing, a community centre, office, retail, hotel, and residential condominium uses. Pinnacle One Yonge will be a true live-work-play community.
The future public art will be prominently located within a new publicly-accessible plaza space that will front onto Yonge St and Lakeshore Blvd. For this project, we will be primarily considering original, larger scale sculpture for the public art commission. The goal is to commission art that is iconic, impactful, durable, and requiring minimal maintenance.
The project is currently under construction and scheduled for completion by the fall of 2025.
The total Public Art budget for the project is $800,000 CAD. The total Public Art Budget includes; artist design fees, administration, travel, engineering, design and supply of structural/foundation elements, fastening and attachment provisions, materials supply and fabrication, insurance, delivery, and installation and maintenance of artwork(s).
The submission deadline is: 5:00PM EST, May 31, 2022. We regret that only advancing artists will be contacted.
Public Art Management (PAM) will be managing this stage of the project on behalf of the Owner, Pinnacle International. Questions must be submitted in writing via email only at the address noted below.
Each candidate may be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Aesthetic evaluation: original thinker: strong, contemporary, innovative and original work
- A demonstrated strong sense of scale exhibited through past work coupled with an interest in and ability to create permanent, maintainable, sustainable artwork
- History of public exhibition in reputable public or private institutions, innovative artist-run spaces, and installation projects
- Confirmation of ability to work within a team environment, with a generosity of spirit and patience
- Proven track record and ability to complete projects on time and within budgets (either public art commissions or museum/gallery projects).
Professional standing by peer or art expert references will be a consideration as well.
RFC Submission Requirements:
For this Stage, we are inviting artists to submit a single document in pdf format.
This document must be labeled with the name of the artist or artist team and must include:
- A current CV (or one for each member of the team, if applicable);
- Images of up to a maximum of ten (10) past projects/installations/artworks (up to a maximum of 3 images for each project, if necessary) noting the materials, location, commissioning body and project cost;
- The names and contact information of two references (preferably related to projects completed within the past 10 years)
Please do not submit concept proposals at this stage.
The deadline for this RFC is May 31, 2022 5:00PM EST.
All inquiries for this RFC must be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only emailed communications to this address will be accepted. No telephone inquiries are permitted. If the file size exceeds 25MB, email via a file transfer service (preferably Wetransfer).
On the subject line clearly mark: ’One Pinnacle Yonge Public Art Stage 1 and [name of the artist/artist team]”.
Artists are responsible for the timely submission of their entries. Incomplete submissions will be subject to disqualification. All submission materials will be retained by Public Art Management and Pinnacle International.
We thank all respondents for their submissions but regret that only advancing proponents will be contacted. Beyond formal notification to finalists, Public Art Management and/or Pinnacle International will not enter into any correspondence regarding the artist selection process nor the decision concerning advancing candidates.