Program Director, aceartinc.
aceartinc is an Artist Run Centre dedicated to the support, exhibition, and dissemination of contemporary art located on Treaty 1 territory, unceded Dakota Nation territory, and the homeland and birthplace of the Metis Nation, otherwise known as Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Exhibiting five major exhibitions a year by contemporary visual artists, we welcome submissions from all emerging contemporary artists and curators working in any media to our annual call for submission each August.
The gallery also runs several ongoing projects and hosts numerous one-offs. This Artist Run Centre is passionate about the work being produced by contemporary artists and arts writers and critics in Canada and abroad. Many successful, well known and not so well known Canadian artists have shown work at ace early in their careers—we are an established (but not establishment) part of the unique ecosystem of Canadian contemporary art.
We are currently looking to hire our next Program Director to ensure the smooth working of the Artist Run Centre’s day-to-day operations. This role is responsible for the oversight, coordination and scheduling of all duties related to the programming including exhibitions, talks, publications and special events. The Program Director is also responsible for supervising the Gallery Assistant and other program contract staff, temporary workers and interns. The position is a 6-month term with the possibility of an extension.
Salary: $1538.46 – $1730.77 biweekly
Curatorial Vision and Programming
- Re-establish and/or re-imagine institutional programming, including creating of a 5-year curatorial vision for the organization
- Develop an exhibition and build working relationships with artists
- Direct the installation and strike of exhibitions
- Turn a concept into a project and effectively communicate ideas
Marketing, Outreach and Community Engagement
- Liaise with local/national/international arts organizations for program and partnership development
- Liaise with Indigenous governments and organizations local to the territory on which aceartinc. resides
- Maintain a good relationship with funders and donors
- Ensure aceartinc. branding standards are developed and maintained
- Maintain regular contact with membership and local arts community
- Speak on behalf of the organization at various events and/or engagements
- Initiate and seek funding for aceartinc. initiatives
- Develop program outlines and project descriptions, prepare support material
- Ensure that all projects pertaining to grants and funding are carried through in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration as well as ensuring that the final reports are completed when required
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in a similar scope of work
- Has an appropriate post-secondary degree and/or or a combination of equivalent training and experience at an upper level of responsibility
- Passion for contemporary arts
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Has demonstrated communications and budgeting skills
- Has familiarity and appreciation with the not-for-profit sector and/or arts organizations
- Is very knowledgeable about contemporary art and the contemporary art community in Manitoba and beyond
- Has experience with fundraising, donor development, and grants
- Has the ability to initiate and implement new programs and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to develop budgets and make recommendations to a Board of Directors
- Direct experience managing and social media efforts
- Able to attend monthly board meetings and deliver a programming report
- Has a strong ability to relate to others, to motivate and lead colleagues; ability to set priorities
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Deadline: Friday, March 25th or until filled.
aceartinc. encourages all qualified applicants to apply. aceartinc. welcomes applicants from Government of Canada job equity groups (i.e., women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous candidates).
aceartinc. is located at 206 Princess St., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1L4