photoED Magazine: The Food Issue
Spring/Summer 2023 Edition
The FOOD issue, by photoED magazine – is in print NOW!
Join us Saturday April 29, at Labour of Love to celebrate the launch of the Spring/Summer 2023 edition – The FOOD issue.
Coffee + magazines + fine art photography!
Saturday, April 29, 1 – 4pm
223 Carlton Street
To celebrate this edition, our friends at @labouroflove in Cabbagetown are hosting an exhibition of work by some of the artists featured in the issue. Pop by the shop to check out some incredible artwork, meet the photographers, and sample some delicious coffee courtesy of our friends at Sparkplug Coffee!
Artists featured in the exhibition:
The FOOD issue focuses on photographers who share their experiences and experiments with food: food as a necessity, a luxury, an object, a statement, a cultural connector, and so much more.
This print edition features:
- GAB BOIS: Playing with her food By Sun Woo Baik
- SVAVA TERGESEN: Shifting the perception of food photography
- SCARBOROUGH MADE: Community connections + culinary culture By Sid Naidu
- A meditation on the perishable: S. Maria Brandt’s Installation 50%, By Bart Gazzola
- Food Chain: A conversation through photographs about food
- Apples to iPhones? By Ali Penko
- Resources We Love By Alan Bulley
- Ian Kapitan’s Black Sheep Supper Club By Corinna vanGerwen
Featuring: Marie-Louise Moutafchieva, Kate Ince, Carl Rittenhouse, Jennifer Chin, Anthony Carr, Gladys Lou, and Peggy Taylor Reid
photoED Magazine shares diverse Canadian photography stories in a brand new light. Order the FOOD issue online for home delivery, or find it at better bookstores across Canada.
Connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org