Now Offered Online: Foundation Visual Arts Certificate, New Brunswick College of Craft & Design
Now Offered Online! Foundation Visual Arts Certificate from NBCCD
The New Brunswick College of Craft & Design (NBCCD) is known for small class sizes, community atmosphere, affordable tuition, and most of all, hands-on education leading to sustainable creative careers in fine craft and design. The starting point for all our studio Diplomas is the one-year Foundation Visual Arts Certificate.
While we continue to offer this program in person, we are launching a fully online option to help students who may not be able to travel. Want to learn Foundation Visual Arts from the comfort of your living room or home studio? Apply now to fill one of only 18 seats. You will get plenty of one-on-one time with your instructors and tap into all the same resources the College provides to in-person students. Forge your creative future at NBCCD.
In Foundation Visual Arts Online, you will:
- Develop your creativity with an innovative and dynamic program that teaches drawing, colour theory, creative process, art history, design, and writing for designers and makers.
- Learn from a team of energetic, enthusiastic, and highly qualified instructors who are committed to your success.
- Develop dexterity and visual problem solving with hands-on, project-based curriculum
- Gain empowerment in your knowledge and appreciation of visual culture and design.
- Enjoy the flexibility of asynchronous program delivery, while retaining personalized attention and contact with your instructors and classmates.
- Virtually explore a selection of our studios to help determine your direction for the future.
- Enjoy the learning and social benefits of peer-to-peer support with our small online class sizes (maximum 18 students per class).
- Benefit from access to NBCCD Student Services, including tutoring and counselling.
The Certificate in Foundation Visual Arts provides foundational knowledge in design and visual art vocabulary, dexterity, critical thinking and visual problem-solving skills. These skills are exemplified in the production of a personal portfolio that can be used to apply for grants, scholarships and for further study in many artistic disciplines. Graduating with a Foundation Visual Arts Certificate will make you eligible for NBCCD’s two-year Diploma Programs, which include:
- 3D Digital Design
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Jewellery/Metal Arts
- Textile Design
- Wabanaki Visual Arts
Interested in finding out more?
Questions? Contact the Registrar’s office toll free at 1-877-400-1107 or email email@example.com