Media & Design Innovation PhD – a creative practice program at Ryerson University
Placing creativity at the heart of learning, the practice-based Media & Design Innovation PhD provides an opportunity for scholar-practitioners to create original work across a variety of disciplines through research-led innovation.
Uniquely positioned within Ryerson’s, Faculty of Communication and Design (FCAD), students have unparalleled access to state-of-the-art technology labs, incubators, research centres, and global hubs – a creative ecosystem like no other.
The Media & Design Innovation PhD program is accepting applications for September 2021.
The application deadline is January 18, 2021.
Research areas within the program are diverse and may include:
- Experimental modes of storytelling and user interaction
- Digital fashion design and fabrication
- Curation and contemporary exhibition practices
- Innovation in music production and distribution
- Creative technology development and prototyping
- New models of journalistic dissemination
- Numerous other areas of creative media practice
Located in downtown Toronto at Ryerson University, the program is supported by a faculty of researchers, artists and scholars committed to reimagining media, design and the creative industries.
Rethink creativity and scholarship through this exciting new program at FCAD – Ryerson’s home of creativity.
Sign up for our upcoming information session – Wednesday November 18, 7 pm., ET.
Register through the program website at:
For more information contact:
Graduate Program Administrator