Media & Design Innovation PhD – a creative practice program at Ryerson University
Create original work through research-led innovation in the Media & Design Innovation PhD – Ryerson University’s new practice-based doctoral program.
Uniquely positioned within the Faculty of Communication and Design (FCAD), students have unparalleled access to state-of-the-art technology labs, incubators, research centres, and global hubs – a creative ecosystem like no other.
Placing creativity at the heart of learning, the program is designed specifically for innovative makers and scholar-practitioners.
Research through Practice
Raise research questions and explore solutions through the creative process. Research areas within the program are diverse and may include:
- Experimental modes of storytelling and user interaction
- Digital fashion design and fabrication
- Curation and contemporary exhibition practices
- Innovation in music production and distribution
- Creative technology development and prototyping
- New models of journalistic dissemination
- Numerous other areas of creative media practice
Rethink creativity and scholarship through this exciting new program at FCAD – Ryerson’s home of creativity.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, the program is supported by researchers, artists and scholars committed to reimagining media, design and the creative industries.