Manager of Cultural Services, Township of Minden Hills
Manager of Cultural Services
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the Manager of Cultural Services oversees the daily operations of the Minden Hills Cultural Centre (Centre), and the coordination of other municipal cultural initiatives.
Key responsibilities include ensuring the Centre meets its objectives with respect to community outreach, educational/school programming, exhibit development, advertising and promotions, event coordination, collections management, research, volunteer coordination, administrative responsibilities and museum standards compliance and directing staff and volunteers in the same.
- A post-secondary diploma or equivalent work related experience in curatorial/museum studies, art history or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in progressively responsible related positions
- Knowledge of Collections Management
- Knowledge of equipment and materials used in the cultural and gallery areas
- Politically astute, committed to customer service excellence, with a firm knowledge of best practices in the municipal cultural, museum, and gallery fields
- Proven ability to lead and motivate staff, promote a safe environment and ensure staff comply with legislative standards
- Strong planning/time management and organizational skills
- Valid “G” Driver’s Licence for the province of Ontario
Preference will be given to those who can demonstrate sound practical knowledge of related legislation, policies, procedures, directives and guidelines and awareness of current social, economic and political acumen affecting municipal culture and galleries.
Salary will commensurate with experience and skills.
Prior to the final selection for this position, the candidate will be required to provide, at their own expense, a Vulnerable Sector Check from the Ontario Provincial Police or appropriate Police Force as well as a clean Driver’s Abstract.
Please refer to the Position Description for further requirements and accountabilities, obtained on our website at www.mindenhills.ca, or by contacting the Deputy Clerk at email@example.com or 705-286-1260 ext. 513.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application together with a resume of education and experience by 12:00 noon, May 13, 2022 to:
Career Opportunity – Manager of Cultural Services
Township of Minden Hills
7 Milne St, PO Box 359
Minden, ON K0M 2K0
Attention: Shannon Prentice, Deputy Clerk
We thank all applicants for applying, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information and supporting material is used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
If you are contacted by the Township of Minden Hills regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. Persons with a disability preventing them from applying on-line should contact the Clerk’s Department at 705-286-1260 to discuss alternative solutions.