Exhibits Technician, Western Development Museum – Moose Jaw
The Western Development Museum (WDM) – Moose Jaw is seeking an Exhibits Technician who will ensure indoor and outdoor exhibits and gallery spaces are maintained to a high standard. Performs the tasks necessary for daily care and upkeep of exhibits and gallery spaces. Coordinates and conducts repairs when required. Undertakes special projects as assigned by the Exhibits Design Supervisor in consultation with the Museum Manager.
The Exhibits Technician is responsible for:
- Inspecting Museum exhibits, gallery spaces and outdoor exhibit areas regularly, documenting and reporting necessary. maintenance/repair/replacement as required.
- Keeping accurate exhibit maintenance records per WDM and/or loaning institution procedures.
- Using appropriate artifact handling procedures, performs artifact inventory and condition reporting as required. Follows policies and procedures established by the Curatorial Department.
- Recommending exhibit restorations to the Curatorial Committee; coordinates and undertakes exhibit improvements; documents work performed.
- Using mechanical drawings, schematics and product manuals where possible when repairing and maintaining exhibit components including audio visual systems.
- Coordinating the set-up and tear-down of temporary/travelling exhibits.
- Working with staff and volunteers to install, construct and maintain exhibits using the appropriate tools and materials. Participates in finish and detail work on exhibit environments as required.
- Undertaking audio-visual maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assisting with the exhibit needs of special events and rental functions as required.
The work schedule is 72 hours in a 2-week pay period and the salary range is $44,512 to $51,610 per year. The WDM provides a substantial benefits package with paid sick leave benefits as well as employer-paid health and dental benefits. WDM employees belong to the Public Employees Pension Plan with employee contributions being matched by the employer.
A detailed job description outlining duties, accountabilities and working conditions can be found at www.wdm.ca/careers
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Western Development Museum – Moose Jaw
50 Diefenbaker Drive
Moose Jaw, SK S6J 1L9