Exhibits Design Technician, Western Development Museum
Western Development Museum – Corporate Office is accepting applications for the position of Exhibits Design Technician
The WDM Corporate Office in Saskatoon is looking for an Exhibits Design Technician to assist the WDM in achieving its public trust responsibilities through the design and care of WDM exhibits. This position produces visual communication materials and fabricates, installs, and maintains museum exhibits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintains and runs large format printer and other related tools and equipment.
- Produces graphic components for exhibit development and production.
- Collaborates as a member of the exhibits team to fabricate, install, and maintain museum exhibits.
- Advises exhibits team and local museum staff on installation and maintenance procedures including on site work at all WDM locations.
- Assists with set up of travelling exhibits, ensuring compliance with appropriate artifact handling procedures.
This position requires significant physical effort to lift and carry exhibit furnishings, signage, and tools. Organizational skills are critical to plan and carry out competing production and installation demands. The ability to work well with diverse groups, including members of the public, is essential.
A detailed job description outlining duties, accountabilities and working conditions can be found here. This is a permanent position with a salary range of $38,428 to $48,620.
The WDM adheres to all COVID protocols required by the Province of Saskatchewan. These requirements will be followed throughout the 2021 programming season.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your resume, cover letter and a digital portfolio to email@example.com. The portfolio should consist of 3-5 examples of your work in the fields of design, visual arts and/or craft and be in the form of digital files (Jpeg or PDF) or link to an online portfolio.
Applications must be received by January 2, 2022
We thank everyone interested in this position but will only be contacting selected applicants.